See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2018

By far, the front desk clerk/waiter (Rudy?) running this hotel is the rudest, least helpful staff person I have encountered in all my years of travel.Unfortunately, I speak few words of Czech so I immediately had a problem when trying to check in-he apparently speaks no English. His response to my attempt to check in was to yell at me in Czech to "get the boss" (several times) meaning our tour leader, who spoke some Czech. He did this twice to me. We later found out he did speak some English. He spoke in this same rude and loud fashion to 2 of the women in our group. Obviously he was having a very bad day. The hotel itself is about a 1-2 star. Some of our rooms were not ready at 4 pm. It was clear the 1 housekeeper was trying her best to get the place ready but she could have benefited from help. She seemed quite sorry to tell me that no, I could not have a hairdryer or an extra pillow. Even though she did not speak English, she was able to communicate this kindly and with regret, and offered us extra towels. The shower in our room did not drain and one of our group members had a flood because of this. Some of our group had no soap or shampoo and some rooms were not well cleaned-garbage was left in the cans from other guests and some had poor quality tap water.
On the plus side, our beds were clean and our room has a nice view on the back garden. It was quiet at night. But I can't recommend this place.

Room tip: Look at the room before you take it. The larger rooms on the back garden with the bigger windows seem to be the best.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank oakmont352
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I booked this hotel last minute using a popular hotel booking website. The online price was 70 Euro. I arrived and was immediately asked to pay 95 Euro in advance for the room. I tried to explain that I had just booked for 70 Euro online. Tomas, who was behind the reception desk, said “No English”. I don’t speak Czech and I don’t expect the whole world to speak English. Even if Tomas doesn’t speak a word of English, which I doubt because he works in a hotel, he could certainly understand the 70 Euro price indicated on my cell phone reservation confirmation. I reluctantly paid the 95 Euro because it was a holiday weekend and there were no other rooms available in town. We were on bicycles which made it impossible to set off in the rain for another town. We had other exchanges with Tomas, checking in, dealing with our bikes, checking out, etc. and on each occasion, he was consistently rude. The hotel is in a beautiful location, the room was fine, the bathroom was fine, the breakfast was fine. It is too bad that experience was made so unpleasant by Tomas. The hotel has a notebook at the reception where clients can leave comments. While I was waiting to be checked in I flipped through this book. I saw numerous reviews explaining how rude Tomas was. I wanted to give him a chance, but he was as rude as they had described.

Room tip: Don't bother. I wouldn't stay here until they get rid of Tomas.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Our waiter was allready rude and bored when we sad down but when he found out we only had something to drink it became awful. He sighed and puffed and didnt look at us anymore. Grabbed the menus away. And with paying the check we had to drop the money in his wallet. He was to annoyed to even take it from us.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Keep out! This place is a real nightmare as far as the minimum hygienic conditions is concerned. The old food, hairs on the food, stinky staff and dirty bathroom in rooms will definitely not be the further sightseeing, you'd prefer to visit in this beautiful city!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Čekáte cca hodinu na jídlo. Kvalita jidla hrozná, pak vás natáhnou při placení a nedostanete ani lístek EET. Moje dnešní zkušenost.
I don't recommend to eat there! Horible quality, service and in the end you can be bribed during the paying. It's better to have your own snack in your bag.

Date of stay: June 2017