“Small, but tasty cakes and good location ”
Review of Cafe Designum

Cafe Designum
Ranked #4 of 381 Coffee & Tea in Prague
Price range: US$0 - US$63
Neighbourhood: Hradčany & Letná
Description: Designum Café is a small and cosy café, which is located in the entrance of the Golden Key hotel. The café offers fresh prepared pies, cupcakes and a wide range of cheesecakes. We do not forget the traditional-czech-pie lovers either and we offer strudel, apricot pie, plum pie and much more. You can find at least one gluten-free pastry in our menu each day. We bake all the pies ourselves. The various coffee types are prepared from freshly ground Illy coffee and we are happy to prepare each coffee type also as decaf. For the fans of healthy lifestyle our café offers a daily menu of smoothies, home-made lemonades, a variety of yogurts, fresh juices and many other delicacies. Free WIFI, air-conditioned.
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Located on the walk up from Charles Bridge to the Loretta / Castle is this little cafe attached to a hotel.

Staffed by one barista with seating for only 12 or so people it’s small but has a good selection of cakes and drinks.

The blueberry sponge was delicious and my partners hot chocolate ‘the best she’s ever had’. My Baleys coffee was a little flat but still nice.

All in all would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Ben S

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I was very satisfied!!! Delicous cheescake and great coffee. This place is very close to Prague Castle and Lennons Wall. I recommend!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We had breakfast here twice. Choice of continental or cooked.. very tasty! Also sell nice pastries and good coffee.

Date of visit: October 2017
Petra_AstenHotels, Generální ředitel at Cafe Designum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your visit at Designum Cafe and thank you very much for your time to post your review here on Trip Advisor.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your breakfast in our cafe and hope to welcome you back!

With kind regards,
Petra Janouskova
Hotel Golden Key Prague

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Our group of six split up momentarily and my husband was leading down the Nerudova street. By the time we caught up with him he was already seated with the guys in our group in this tiny Cafe.

I must admit that I did not know this place ( thought I knew them all :) and I was not thrilled my husband picked it. He admitted later that he spotted his favorite cake in the window and there was no stopping him.

It was a tight squeeze when the rest of us walked in. The young lady at the counter was very accommodating, very pleasant and with a smile pulled couple of chairs for us.

The visit was delightful, just a quick break in a busy sightseeing day.

Fantastic cakes, you want to order more than you can eat , they all looked so good! Great cappuccino, coffee ..

Well, and then if you need a restroom ...that was a totally unexpected bonus. You do have to exit and go through a short passage next door, part of the new hotel I think. There you enter into the cleanest, wonderfully scented facility, equipped with all the essentials and more:) All of us three ladies were thrilled.
It is almost too good to share :)

I am sure we will be back ...

Dekuji a Nashledanou

Date of visit: September 2017
3  Thank Wenovo
Reviewed 19 October 2017

On our way down from the castle we stopped heer for a coffee and cake. The coffee was very good prepared and the cheese cakes tasted delicious. Recommended!

Date of visit: October 2017