“Best restaurant I've been in”
Review of Cafe Louvre

Cafe Louvre
Ranked #16 of 154 Dessert in Prague
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

The waiter was very polite and had a great sense of humor. The food was delicious, the beers as well. I loved the design of the restaurant. And the prices were surprisingly low.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,324)

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I went to the place thinking that it was a tourist trap but found that is an excellent breakfast option. The place has history and there is an special atmosphere. My food was excellent and I can not complaint about the service nor the prices. I do not know about lunch or dinner but for breakfast this is an excellent option.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We visited this place of an evening due to its apparently good reputation...
I cannot tell you how bad the whole experience was, the waiters were rude, made several mistakes, did not listen or seem to understand English. I ordered the chicken and it came without the chicken, I could not believe it! The desserts were tasteless, we had the trio of different cakes, they were not nice at all. No presentation or colour to the food at all, cafe savoy is so much better in a different league! Do not bother going here it's a very overrated place!

Reviewed 2 October 2016

After attending a concert at the National Theater, we decided to stop in Cafe Louvre. My husband ordered a goulash and a beer, while I only wanted dessert and ordered a strudel with a glass of wine. The waiter brought our drinks, and shortly thereafter, my strudel with warm vanilla cream. Thinking the goulash would soon follow, I began eating my strudel. Diners who arrived and were seated after us received their orders and were also eating. I actually finished my strudel, and still no sign of the goulash. My husband decided that when he finished his beer and the goulash had not arrived, we would leave. Indeed, no goulash appeared, so he asked for the check. We paid and left. The service was completely unacceptable at a restaurant with such history. We had such high expectations, and although the strudel was very good, we were sorely disappointed with the bad service.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Rude waiter, obnoxious cafe posers, average food. I could have skipped this place. Prices were reasonable.