“Food was nice, otherwise a bit disappointing”
Review of Gran Fierro

Gran Fierro
Ranked #106 of 6,156 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse, International, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Description: Authentic Argentinian steak house.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I booked this restaurant online I had asked for a nice table as we were celebrating a big birthday. However when arriving we firstly, had to wait 20 mins for our table and secondly were given one tucked away next to a loud party. This set things off to a bit of a bad start to be honest.

We then had to hang our own coats up in the cloak room and constantly had to ask the waiters for their attention.

Not that I’m saying we should of had special treatment, but some restaurants go out of their way to help you celebrate a birthday and we felt that this restaurant did not try to make our evening more special in the slightest.

The food itself was delicious, we both starters which were great, followed by steaks which were cooked perfectly, so that was good at least.

The whole experience was ok.. the food was great but the staff and general atmosphere could do with some work and I did leave feeling disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We shared a variety of starters which were excellent.

I had a ribeye steak as a main and it was certainly the best steak outside the US ever (i admit that I haven't been to south America or south Africa yet - so at least the best steak in Europe ;-)
it was not cooked to the point (ordered medium rare, got medium well) but tender and flavorful!

Desserts again shared among ourselves. No complaint either.....I'll be back

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Visited this place for afternoon lunch with two friends. Two of us went for the fillet steak with truffle sauce and the other had a ribeye. All of our steaks were cooked as requested and tasted delicious. The fillet steaks came with roast potatoes and the ribeye with fries. The service was excellent but it was quite when we went and the prices are very reasonable. Very nice place and I would definitely visit again if in the area.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We ate as a group of 15 on a busy Saturday night. However the service was still prompt, they managed to bring all 15 dishes of each course out at the same time so no one was left waiting for their food.

There is a great choice of meat and wine, and many of the party complimented how good the steak was.

The venue itself has a fantastic rustic atmosphere and ambience.

This was the best place we ate during our trip and will 100% return if we find ourselves in Prague again.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2018

We firstly met with Gran Fierro restaurant on Prague Food Festival. It was a great experience and we decided to try the restaurant as well. We loved steaks and sausages they presented on Prague Food Festival.
The restaurant is very cozy and stylish and one feels great there. We celebrated there my birthday and all the personnel prepared a little cake for me and sang birthday song for me.
And the meat was delicious. We recommend Chorizo as a starter and ribeye steak as the main course.

Date of visit: March 2018