“Chateaubriand and wine”

Ranked #108 of 5,982 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse, International, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Description: Authentic Argentinian steak house.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

When we visited Gran Fierro we ordered the Chateaubriand, we thought it would have been big enough for two people, it was just about enough. On the menu there was no option for sides or veg (Not that we could see) therefore we though it would have come with a bit of veg. There were a few baby boiled potatoes, that was it. We asked for the steak to be done medium, but when it arrived it was a bit too rare for us, the waitress told us it would cook through once it settled, which it didn't.. Overall the food was very tasty, the flavours were lovely, just the quantity was not big. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

A very current style of restaurant which had a lively atmosphere on a Friday night. We were perfectly seated at a perfect table for two and the service was excellent, friendly and efficient. The food was great and we were very impressed with the good value compared to the U.K. the Chateaubriand was cooked to perfection and carved at our table. We would highly recommend Gran Fierro to anyone visiting Prague.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Meat the way it should be treated and prepared. I had the ribeye which was cooked perfectly rare. Halfway through, they quickly slapped it on the grill again to ‘reheat’ it without overcooking it.
Excellent wines and whiskys, beautiful ambiance and friendly, efficient staff.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This was by far the best restaurant we visited during our stay in Prague. Great steaks, friendly staff, nice atmosphere and a fair price. If you'd like to eat here (and I advise you to if you're a meat-lover!) I'd recommend making a reservation in advance. Worth a revisit!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I didn't know what to expect, visiting an Argentine steak house in Prague; I was pleasantly surprised. The staff and atmosphere were very welcoming and comfortable. Good music filled the air, along with the smell of the finest lomo fillet I have ever had. Cooked to perfection, it was like butter. I don't know how they get the finest cuts of Argentine beef outside of Argentina, but they do.
I sat at the bar, enjoying finely made, signature cocktails by Pavel. Each drink was better than the last, and I never had to wait long, even though the place was busy. I see why. Great food, impeccable service by Pavel and Anna, and a comfortable place to relax and enjoy a few cocktails after a great steak.
I went nearly every night of my trip, and look forward to having my first meal next trip at Gran Fierro...

1  Thank Steve M