“A culinary experience ”

Ranked #37 of 6,082 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Czech, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Description: Dress code: smart casual.
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend had booked this as a surprise anniversary dinner whilst on our tip in Prague. Im always nervous about dinning out being a Coeliac but they were wonderful; I had my own warm bread served in a sperate basket to my partners regular bread.
We both had the tasting menu but mine had be altered to adhere to my dietary requirements. He had the vegitarian menu which sounded just as inviting and creative.
Both of us opted for the non-alcoholic drinks paring as neither of us are big drinkers. Never in my life have I enjoyed such flavour from a 'normal drink', each one had its own unique smell and layers of flavour. My favourite was the Blackcurrant, Cherry & Pistachio.
Service was impeccable and the waiters where friendly and when I couldn't finish one of my dishes they made sure to ask if it was because I was full or if it was because I didn't like the dish, and if so what I would of changed.
Remember to look up and enjoy the beautiful ceiling as well as the amazing food!
I Highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

If you like local, modern Czech food in a modern setting, Field is for you.

The dishes were all very different. The chef puts a lot of thought in textures as well as the more obvious things like freshness of ingredients and the composition on the plate.

We didn't take the degustation since we saw some interesting starters that we sampled and loved. It's not cheap, I think the bill was about 250€, but absolutely worth every penny.

Service was equally great, friendly but professional, but I do think staff have unrealistic -tip- expectations. This is not the US folks and please keep yourself in check when you deem 10% unworthy of your services. It takes a little bit of shine of an otherwise fantastic experience.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

We opted for the tasting menu with paired wines and did not regret that choice. The food is extraordinary in the literal sense of the word. Many times we had to search our vocabulary to find words to describe the tastes that we were experiencing they were so different and challenging [in a good way]. We were served an amazing selection of dishes and amuse bouches with a truly delightful series of wines. For us one course jarred with the fine dining experience. Towards the end of the meal we were given a picnic basket with a selection of fresh and rustik cheeses served with a bottle of beer. After the previous servings of small dishes, tasty little items and fine wines this seemed to be coarse and out of keeping. Also the desire to emphasize the country theme of the restaurant name was taken a little far in some instances. For example, the delicious pork belly was served on a stone in a bird's nest which just made it difficult to eat. And, even more ridiculous, there was a wheelbarrow in the toilet. Nevertheless, this is an amazing restaurant which is well worth going to. It will excite and challenge you and you will certainly remember your visit with pleasure.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

We were referred to this restaurant by the concierge at The Mandarin Oriental and this choice was seconded by one of my old friends who lives in Prague. Sparse decor, clean feel...innovative menu with a selection of fish and meat to pease anyone. Good food, but maybe just a little too serious on the service. Our family enjoyed it but could be more relaxed to enjoy it more.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

We had the tasting menu, while it was a three hour experience, it was not in any way exhausting. The food was excellent and the wine pairings were spot on. They also catered to our two young children and prepared them a meal I would have gladly eaten too!