“Delicious Christmas Eve evening meal!”
Review of K The Two Brothers

K The Two Brothers
Ranked #27 of 6,169 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I spent a few days over Christmas with my mother in Prague. Weeks before we decided that we would in advance somewhere for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Having seen the positive reviews of K the Two Brothers online and seeing their reasonable prices I emailed them to enquire about booking a table for the evening and received a quick response and all was confirmed.

The restaurant itself is really lovely – all of the pictures and the décor throughout seems really authentic and interesting! Really loved it!

The food was delicious. We shared black lentil dahl, then I went for chicken saag and my mum went for something the waitress recommended – as we were told that what she was initially been going to order was on the bone, which she did not want. Glad the waitress told us! You can choose the spice level: first between mild, medium and hot, and then from 1-10! This is a good touch and makes you think your dish has been prepared just for you! We went for levels 5 and 6 which were perfect for us. I’m not sure I would go any higher if visiting again! All in all, food absolutely delicious and really reasonable. Our waitress was so helpful in recommending dishes and explaining things. We finished with some gulab jamun which was also lovely!

All other staff seemed great too. I actually spoke at the end to the person who I had been emailing beforehand so was good to put a face to a name! I really recommend paying this place a visit!

Date of visit: December 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (2,607)

Reviewed 14 January 2016

After walking around the city and searching for the Chinese food we found out this restaurant. We were kinda starving so we wanted food quick and tasty.

The staff there were really polite and explained us what kind of meal is on the menu based on our preferences. I had soup, main meal and a tea and all together didn't cost more than 18 Euros. We didn't wait to much for the food

Interior is coisy and the music is chill but I expected Indian music. =) It would be more cool.

1  Thank Lorena_2304
Reviewed 13 January 2016

I visited here last Friday night for my dads birthday. We rang ahead about 20 minutes before we arrived to check they had a table and they kindly fitted us in.
The waiter who served us was absolutely brilliant. He explained the difference between curries in UK and India and suggested similar options or recommendations for trying something new. His knowledge was exceptional, which resulted in the whole table receiving a curry which was to their palate. We had a lovely night here which was very special. We hope to return very soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

We found this place while were visiting the shopping center Paladium - it's only couple minutes away on foot.
First of all, the interior seemed really high quality. I am not an big expert, but when almost every piece from plates to the walls has the same emblem, You can feel that it's not just a fake.
We are also not the best experts of Indian food, but I visited Indian bazaar in Toronto, so had some understanding about this kind of food.
So we tried to order different things: Vegetable Samosa, Traditional Chicken Curry (the waiter recommended this), Garlic Naan and Mixed Raita (actually this one helped us).
The waiter was very very gentle and also asked about our ''spice'' degree, because mine was 6 and my girlfriend's 4 - we chose 5. Even for me it was a little bit too spicy and for my girlfriend even more, but with help of Raita (yogurt) and glass of cold beer we finished our meal. Everything was superb and tasty, and I couldn't say that we didn't enjoyed that meal, it was well prepared and made, so to judge by the factor of spiciness seems illogical to me. SO just be aware when you will chose your level and don't be dumb by trying to prove that you can handle something really Indian (if you are not him).

One small tip for the waiter who was a little bit to gentle and polite, it seems that you can't be too polite, but when you are getting a new plate or glass and the waiter says Thank you, you are kind of lost what to say, because normally the customer should say Thank you for some new stuff or service, but not the waiter. However the place is really worth to visit and try some different food, because I think this is the best Indian restaurant in Prague. The prices are normal, not so cheap, but considering the place and are, they are really reasonable.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday evening in early Jan, we were seated straight away.
The restaurant is quite quirky inside & had a nice atmosphere.
The food however was great, on ordering we were then asked how spicy we would like the food ( which never happens in the UK ) when it arrived it was some of the best tasting Indian food we have both ever eaten!
It was good value as well, 2 starters, 2 mains and a bottle of wine just over £30.
If you like Indian food you will not be disappointed with a visit here!