2,545 results
All reviews wenceslas square old town recommend this hotel art deco style lovely hotel lobby bar city break modern bathroom within walking distance hot and cold food beautiful city min walk central location stayed here for nights short break reception staff excellent location
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

My overall stay at The Majestic Hotel was great. The front desk addressed my questions and requests right away. The room was immaculate and the location was within walking distance of popular shops and sights.

My one complaint has to do with the breakfast host named Klara. When I went down for breakfast on October 8, for some reason, she didn't want me to eat with the other hotel guests.

She asked me to go to a breakfast room down the hall. After searching for, and not finding it, I returned and asked her about it. Instead of responding, she changed the subject to "the breakfast room is full." I looked in the dining room and saw several empty tables. When I pressed her about it, she finally relented and let me go in.

I try not to insert race into the scenario, but I was the only African American in the breakfast room and possibly the entire hotel (based on my observation). I wonder if this is why Klara thought she could treat me this way.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Elaine A
MonikaVachovaFOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Elaine A,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your recent experience at our hotel.
While we are happy to know that you liked our hotel particularly the rooms, the location and found the reception staff helpful, it is unfortunate to see that you had to face with some issue during your stay.
I assure you the situation you have mentioned regarding the behavior of our breakfast hostess Klara was huge misunderstanding. She followed the instruction she got and sent all the guests arriving after 10 a.m. for the breakfast to the second restaurant to have more comfort as the restaurant upstairs get started to be prepared for special event – conference buffet lunch. Mrs Elaine, Klara is a very nice young lady studying international school in Prague and as far as we know her she is strictly refusing any demonstrations of racism.
I am sorry that you left our hotel with negative feelings and do hope there will be an opportunity welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Stayed here at the beginning of October and the weather was great, sunny and warm. The hotel is a short walk to wenceslas square, and on a quiet side street. The staff at the hotel are very nice and helpful, nothing is too much trouble, breakfast has everything you can think of, plenty of staff tending tables great service. Our room was comfortable with good air con.

Date of stay: October 2018
MonikaVachovaFOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Kathy m,

thank you so much for your review of our hotel and for awarding us the top score! It is lovely to read that you were pleased with our hotel as well as the services on offer, and that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.
Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you in our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Close to the centre,quiet,clean nice staff,spent 6nights here and couldn’t really fault it,a good 4star hotel ,really good breakfast to set you up for the day.Met people who paid less in other hotels but were not very impressed so you get what you pay for.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MonikaVachovaFOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear RonW66,

thank you very much for sharing your beautifull review!
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hospitality, extensive breakfast and our convenient location.
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back one day.

All the best from Prague,

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I spent in this hotel 3 conference days. The hotel provides very good background for small and medium-range conferences including conference rooms, presentation tools or catering. As one of the organizers of the meeting I was very satisfied.
The hotel is placed in an attractive (but pretty quiet) location in the city centre with a good access to the Railway Main Station and Metro. The staff are very helpful and speak very good English. Comfortable and clean rooms are offered at a really reasonable price.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
MonikaVachovaFOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Milan S,

thank you for staying with us and providing your valued comment. It is our pleasure to see that you had a nice time with us and we appreciate your kind feedback about our service during the conference. Thank you also for your nice words about our staff which is a key priority for us.
We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Stayed here twice during recent trip. On both occasions it was all that could reasonably be expected. First time a room on 1st floor(127) floor was larger than most I have experienced. Second time a suite on 7th floor (709) overlooking city towards castle. Great views & in summer the balcony would be a big plus.

Breakfast had a very wide ranging selection but the most impressive aspect was the determination of the staff to ensure that the tables were cleared & cleaned without any delay.

Restaurant was quiet on both visits but the food was excellent each time.

The bar had a two burger menu but, in my opinion, there were just too many trimmings.

Where the bar did score was on the lady in charge who was the best of a very good crew. The best selling point of this hotel are the staff.

Hints: if you are over 60 you get discounts on local transport. If over 70 it is free.
get the hotel to organise taxis as there was a suspicion that we were ripped off when we did the ordering.
Also avoid the gift shop opposite The Radisson further down the street. They have rigged their bar scanner.

Apart from those two bad incidents, which could happen in any city, I found the trip enjoyable, the locals, both at hotel & elsewhere, friendly & helpful, and the city compact enough that you did not feel overwhelmed.

Room tip: See main report. Ratings not working but mine would have been 5; 4; & 4.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Dave R,

thank you for taking the time to share a beautiful review about your experience at Majestic Plaza Hotel.
It was a pleasure to have you stayed with us. I am delighted to read your kind comments in your detailed feedback and glad to note that you had an excellent experience.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back one day.

All the best from Prague,