All reviews self catering hot water short tram full kitchen public transport charles bridge sofa bed old town your doorstep attic room large bathroom fantastic location min walk noise reception stops centre
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Having spent a couple of months travelling across Europe, it’s fair to say that Andel Apartments was one of the best places we stayed at. Superbly located opposite Andel Metro station and a main tram interchange, the apartments offer excellent facilities at a very good price.

The accommodation occupies the top two floors of a building with a restaurant and bar at ground level. Our apartment was a studio, at the attic level, with several skylights. Our main room had a kitchenette with dining table and chairs. There was also Czech and satellite TV, and a LAN cable was provided for free high speed internet connection. The separate bathroom had a shower and plenty of floor space.

With it being high summer, the air conditioning was extremely valuable, and it was great to have a fridge of cool drinks awaiting our return each day. The Novy Smichov shopping centre diagonally across the street includes a Tesco hypermarket for all food needs, and there are numerous cafes and restaurants in the vicinity.

Getting into central Prague takes around 10 minutes by tram, with multiple options depending on where you’re headed. The receptionist was extremely helpful, taking time on arrival to show us key locations in the city and how to get there.

The only downside we can think of was the steep stairs up to the apartments, but as long as you can manage those, this is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaleneAndy
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Never been to Prague before and booked these apts based on the reviews by others on trip advisor.Fantstic rooms with great facilities ,hobs,toaster,fridge,air con.table and large bed.The apts surround an amazing courtyard which is a Czech restaurant.The restaurant closes at 10pm which is great if you want an early night without noise pollution.If you want a drink there is a little pub attached too where you can get a large Pilsner Urquell for approx 35 koruna. Food at restaurant Andel is superb but a cup of tea is dismal as is the same in most countries,so do yourself a favour go to the local Tesco get yourselves t bags milk etc and have a good cuppa before you leave the apts.

If you want to go to the Old Square walk out of the Andel apts and get the number 20 tram . Or get the metro opposite.its 18 koruna for a ticket for upto five stops which is plenty.Have fun relax and enjoy the fantastic architecture,chilled atmosphere and food.Pigs knee (local dish)is one huge meal so unless youy are a Hannibal lector of a carnivor share one or live to regret it :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank urbansoup
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Stayed at Apartments Andel for 3 nights with my wife. The location is excellent, close to metro and tram stations, or you can walk a bit to city center. Rooms are spacious and clean, only downside can be lack of aircondition in some of the apartments. Be prepared that you must pay for your stay upon check-in, and conversion rate if you booked in € or $ is very bad. You can pay in € to avoid this. Overall, you get more than enough for your money, and I would reccommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klotoida
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Agree with the favorable reviews on Andel Apartments except for one thing. The noise from late night (till 3:00AM ) in the courtyard area. Maybe we just hit it at a bad time but wwe literally could not sleep for two out of the three nights. The restaraunts in the courtyard area have to close at 10:00 PM due to strict Prague noise restricrions, but one corner bar outside of the courtyrd is open all night and patrons go out tothe courtyard to sit (and scream at the top of their lungs!)

Otherwise, we like to eat in when we can so the built in kitchen was great. The apartments are clean and have plenty of storage albiet meek furnishings otherwise. The location is great, supermarket right around the corner and as mentioned in other reviews across the street from the Andel metrostation and close to other tram stops. My 4-1/2 stars has to be reduced to three because of the sleepless nights. I would other wise recommend the hotel but if there is another choice at the same price nearby you may not want to risk the issue we faced during our visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MikeHoustonTexas
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Great location: just opposite to Andel metro station (line B) and Andel tram station (5 lines run there). Main entrance is on main street, and the gate will be locked at night (open by ur key card), I feel safe even back to hotel late! * I have to open 4 doors including my room door to enter my room! Good!

Room: very spacious (not usual in Europe), with a well equipped kitchen, comfortable bed, big and good lighting toilet, good ventilation in bathroom (when u switch on the bathtube light, the ventilation will be turned on automatically), etc.

Price: real good deal! only euro 59/night (peak season euro 69/night). I booked early, so the price was only euro 59/night even in June! yeah! :P Though no breakfast included, it's still a good deal!

Service: be honest, it's just so so. The staff would not be there 24 hours. After their office hour, u can only contact them by calling their cell phone.

Check-in and -out: Also because of the above reason, u have to tell them ur check-in time when u book the room, or u have to wait downstair with ur luggage.... The reception is on the 2nd floor. I have to ask the restaurant staff to locate me, I have to ring the bell to open the door, and take my luggage up to the 2nd floor for check in... And, if u check-out before or after their office hour, u can simply leave the key card on the table in ur room. But, as my case, my flight would be at night, I cannot leave my luggage in their reception, but take it to luggage safe box in Hlavni nadrazi train station. (the staff told me that Smichovske nadrazi station also have this service, but actually not)

Others 1: there is a large tram rail construction in front of the hotel, the noise starts at 6:30am everyday..... i don't know when the construction will end.....

Others 2: As other people suggested to book a room facing the street for more privacy, I got the room #13A on 3rd floor facing the street. But then.... there is noise of people from Andel restaurant/bar downstair till 2am, esp. Fri & Sat night.... So, it's a dilemma! :)

Others 3: no cleaning service within my stay. If u need extra shower gel etc., u have to take them at reception directly

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo