All reviews self catering hot water full kitchen public transport sofa bed charles bridge old town your doorstep attic room tram station large bathroom noise reception centre cleanliness
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We arrived at the Andel and our first view was of what looked like a building site. We went in to reception and was greeted by a man who took our payment which he had problems doing, though this was something to do with my card apparently. He then showed us to our room which was up 3 flights of stairs, the room was nice and clean but much smaller than I expected. There was only 2 English Chanel's on the tv, 1 news and 1 music. Thankfully we managed to find some on our iPhones as there was free wifi, which was great until it kept disconnecting every 10mins or so. The location itself was ok but much nicer if you go into the main town, near Charles bridge, this is where you find the parts what everyone talks about Prague being so beautiful. The room itself was quiet, warm and comfortable. There were no light switches at the top of the corridor stairs, so a torch is needed in the evening. We didn't see any staff apart from when we checked in.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've already said nice things on booking.com, but I thought I'd swing by here to share my good thoughts.

I was here for the World Scrabble Championships. Geektastic. Instead of staying at the main venue, I booked in here and settled in for 4 nights. It's a complete home-from-home. Supermarket on the doorstep; trams to Charles Bridge; huge shopping centre that's probably the best in Prague.

They've thought of everything: DVD, wifi, all kitchen appliances, etc etc. Would be tempted to stay here for a longer spell in the future. Outstanding value compared with hotels.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you are staying in one of the apartments at Andel, then not paying the last month rent and letting your security deposit cover that expense may be your best option to not be cheated out of the deposit.

Having stayed at one of the Andel apartments owned and operated by Resca's Unobase company as Residence Thunovska, I can only say that a great location and great employees don't make for a great experience if the company's proprietors try to cheat you out of your security deposit, taking advantage of you being on a different continent when the re-payment is due. Retaining a lawyer should not be part of ending a stay in a rental.

Manager Dean and maintenance lady Iryna were both wonderful to work with, no complaint there!

Room Tip: There are other apartment hotels in the area operated by different owners, eliminating the unfortunate problem that I have encountered.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bubba D
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We booked this after reading a Trip Advisor review. Its true, it really is a clean, spacious, comfortable self contained apartment . Ours was in the attic and still spacious, with skylights and airconditioning - not that we needed it. Many restaurants close by, all well priced with good menus.Easy to access public transport just over the road had us in the centre and all the attractions in 5 minutes. Walking along the river to the centre is also nice and takes about 20 minutes. Reception staff are excellent and very helpful. One tiny thing. it would be nice to have tea and coffee in the unit. After traveling for hours, arrived tired, all we wanted was a cup of tea, but had to go find a supermarket first. Ask for a quiet unit. Several are over a busy restaurant with revellery until late at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marinagypsy
Reviewed 19 March 2013

After living in Prague almost seven years, being partly professionally active in hotel industry, I know how hard is to find a nice, clean and reasonably priced place in Prague. Andel's Apartments is one of them. I have stayed in many hotels in Prague, but AA beats all of them. I would say it's a hidden gem. A perfect value and a considerable quality makes AA an ideal place for longer business stays. Built in kitchen with all equipment, nicely furnished room, WiFi, clean bathroom, but most of all, excellent location near the city centre in the district "Andel". Kind of an own "flat" in the city centre. A big shopping centre, a high number of all kinds of shops, bars, restaurants are located nearby. Metro station, as well as bus, tram stations just a minute away from the apartments. I stayed there already 3 times for 3 weeks and I will definitely return back. A perfect place in Prague.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business