“Hotel full of character ”
Review of Hotel U Jezulatka

and 1 more site!
Hotel U Jezulatka
Ranked #321 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We checked in for 2 nights. The hotel is full of character and it is positioned perfectly. The view from our room was outstanding. We were impressed by the the 2 girls from the reception, they were very helpful and welcoming, lovely girls. We will recommend the hotel to our friends as it is perfect when visiting Prague.

Thank you.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anicel1

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Lovely area, especially Kampa Park, which is literally next door. Room and bed was comfortable, clean, spacious. Good wifi too! Breakfast variety was very good considering it is only a six room hotel, but the quality was certainly not 4 star!

Check out was a bit confused. I was (almost) refused help with travel arrangements because I had arranged my own Uber taxi to the airport rather than use the hotel taxi service. I ended up having to convince the receptionist that she needed to help me with directions, and she did so quite begrudgingly.

Overall a very enjoyable stay. Would recommend and visit again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2015

This hotel was in a great location, the breakfast is minimal and probably isn't worth the money. It is hit and miss depending on the staff member who prepares it. Generally there was a bit of fruit, cereal, yogurt, eggs & cold meat, coffee from those pod things. You'd be better off going elsewhere for breakfast. The room was cleaned twice when we asked it not to be. Also cleaners & staff walked in on us while we were asleep. Good wifi signal. You pay for location with this hotel. One night was noisy as a bar was directly beneath our room, also you can get people congregating too as it's so close to the bridge/river, but it's on the side of the river where it's a bit more chilled which you will appreciate during high seasons. On the whole good.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Great hotel. Cannot get closer to the
center of town , quiet, comfy beds, great staff, adjustable room temp, great view, good enough breakfast. I was in room 3. Choose that side for prate and a view.
Better than most around

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

I usually avoid writing bad comments when I am not satisfied with a hotel.
But in this case I have to share my experience with people as this is the objective of trip advisor.

Negative aspects :
1) There were some spiders ( I saw three) inside the room and also in the breakfast room and this is not acceptable.
It was just close to my head.
I complained to the reception (nice people but they can do nothing). Please check the picture.
Also if you read the comments of other people who have been to the hotel they also complained about that.

2) The room was not clean when I checked-in. I had to go regularly to reception to make sure the cleaning will be done.

3) The bed was not at all comfortable.

4) Internet was not working. No connexion.
Of course when you travel you spend your time outside a hotel but still It is nice to use internet before sleeping (Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook).

5) Only Czech channels on TV ????
For a very touristic area?
They said they would do the necessary.

6) The external door of the hotel is always locked so you need to knock at the door to enter and they always need 5 minutes to open the door.

7) It is a hotel with 5 rooms only and the check-in took 10 to 15 minutes which I did not understand.

8) The worse thing was the taxi transportation to the bus station (after Prague I went to Vienna).
I asked the lady for a taxi (I insisted that i need to see the word taxi on the car and a taximeter). Well they sent one guy with a personal who took 450 Czech currency to go to Florenc bus station.
Maybe it is not very expensive if you convert to Euros or dollars but my Czech friends told me it was very expensive as the place was very close. I did not like that at all because I said I wanted a formal taxi and not someone trying to cheat on tourists.

I regretted why I did not go to a 5 star hotel for a few additional Euros.
119 euros was too expensive.

Sometimes we are too much focused on the money and it can be a mistake.

Positive aspect:
1. The hotel is located in the city-center.
2) They gave me 20 euros discount with the word "Sorry".

I insist on the fact that what I write is the truth and reflects the reality. I am just saying this because sometimes the managers of the hotels like to reply back in order to deny everything.

Stayed: September 2015