All reviews kampa island john lennon wall charles bridge excellent location old town mala strana yogurt family suite no air conditioning recommend this hotel minute walk quiet area mini fridge double room hotel is located prague castle continental breakfast
Reviewed 11 November 2006

I was afraid I had made a huge mistake when I saw the outside of this hotel covered in scaffolding, but that was not the case. This hotel is a gem- the rooms are newly renovated, and ours was enormous by European hotel standards. The bathroom alone was as big as some rooms I have stayed in. The room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable.
The location is perfect- only steps away from the Charles Bridge, and easy walking distance to all the major sites. Yet it is so quiet, it is secluded from all car traffic and even noisy pedestrian traffic.
The breakfast room is clean and airy despite being below ground, and the selection was very good. Free internet was a nice touch.
The only negative was the third bed in the room- it was a chair with a pull-out bed, and didn't look very comfortable. Luckily my daughter is small and a good sport, so it wasn't a problem, but for an average size or larger adult it would have been impossible.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank massma
Reviewed 13 October 2006

The Hotel Kampa Garden must go close to being the perfect hotel to stay in while in Prague. Situated ideally just adjacent to Charles Bridge and many reasonably priced restaurants. The hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms, adequate breakfasts and friendly staff. The rates are reasonable considering inner city prices as well.

The only minus of this hotel and all of European hotels is that they do not include a tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. If they just afforded their clients this small thing it would make such a wonderful difference. As often you arrive late home from touring all day and all you would love to have is a cup of tea or coffee in your room.

I would also like to see another English speaking television station incuded in those offered other that CNN. BBC2 would be ideal.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
2  Thank Judeann
Reviewed 12 October 2006

When the airport van dropped us off at the hotel, after going through a maze of narrow streets, I did not get a good first impression from the entrance of the Kampa Garden. But after checking in and exploring the hotel and immediate area, I knew I made the right decision. The reviews are right about breakfast--the selection at my hotel last year (The Belvedere in Prague 7) was much better. The staff did not give you a good first impression on friendliness either but I did not have any problems with the service overall. One word of advice. Don't come unprepared when you take a cab and not have enough Korunas. The front desk does not change foreign currency.

I've explored quite a bit of Prague in my two visits and this, by far, is the best location. It's in a beautiful quiet setting and insulated from the hustle and bustle of Prague, yet so convenient to Malostranska, Charles Bridge and Old Town, and the subway and tram line--not to mention several good restaurant options. And you're practically at the foot of Prague Castle and Petrin Hill. And if you have time and interest in the classics, see a concert at nearby Bertramka on this same side of the Vltava River.

The Kampa Garden has clean rooms and good prices. The free internet in the lobby is a bonus! In the other European cities I visited on this trip, the hotels I stayed in charged for Internet use. Overall, if you're after location, the Kampa Garden makes the grade.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank REA_WDC-USA
Reviewed 21 August 2006

Kampa Garden has one of the best locations you can find in Prague and offers often special rates, it is a simple middle level hotel with good clean rooms, inside it has been refurbished, outside it looks a little sad.
The only bad note is the breakfast: really poor with low quality products, the underground breakfast room is too warm (remember : no air conditioning in hotel) and butter every morning was melting.
Another detail: parkings in the central area (Prague1 and 2) are very expensive so please try to find something in the external area (prague 3-7) if you don't want to pay too much.
We found Prague fantastic, had a really nice staying in Kampa Garden and we can certainly suggest to use it !

4  Thank Bya73
Reviewed 27 July 2006

I agree fully with the 2 previous reviewers. My sister and I stayed for 4 nights in July and we could not believe the value in an otherwise expensive city. Location, value, reception rooms all perfect.

Only thing was we were nor accustomed to travelling in the summer and forgot about the AC. We would look for it if travelling again.

Free internet access was a welcome frebbie as everything else had to be paid for in Prague!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends