All reviews kampa island charles bridge john lennon wall excellent location old town mala strana yogurt family suite no air conditioning recommend this hotel quiet area mini fridge three star minute walk double room the hotel staff breakfast room
Reviewed 9 June 2011

The Hotel Kampa Garden gets my recommendation primarily for its location. It was right off the Charles Bridge and easy to get to whether you were coming from the Castle area or Old Town. The room was basic and the bed was very firm. However, it had everything you might need -- except perhaps a bathtub after a long day of sightseeing. (The room had only a shower.) The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. My only suggestion would be that they get new towels and bathroom rugs. The ones I was given were rags. Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Xanadu4444
kampagarden, General Manager at Kampa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for writing a review. I am happy you enjoyed staying in our hotel. Regarding the towels,I apologize for this inconvenience and we are waiting for a shipment of complete new towels during this month.
When visiting us in the future again, this issue should be already solved. Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Hotel Kampa Garden
We stayed for 3 nights in room 302. A large basic, clean and quiet room. No airco which was no problem at all because of all the windows. No noise from the out- or inside. The beds are just a disaster! Much, much too hard to sleep on and causes us pain in the back. Sleepless nights in Prague! And during these Sleepless Nights in Prague, just only ONE (1) tiny little bed lamp with a tiny little light bulb of 15 Watt next to my bed. So no reading in bed.
I will kind have one of these problems but even then I could not turn in this small space. Though the coffee and tea possibilities in our room, had no coffee and tea. So no possibility. On the last morning of our stay the coffee machine in the breakfast room was out of order and there was no alternative found for this.
Some hoteliers still have to learn a lot. The must please the customers. And they complain a lot now.

Advice for the Hotelier

1) BETTER BEDS, much better beds!!! Much, much better beds!!!
2) The shower place should absolute be restyled, more, much more space during showering.
3) A second bed lamp between the beds with at least 25Watt light bulb
4) Coffee in de morning with my breakfast!
5) Make your hotel more personal, haven’t seen employees, beside de man at the reception.

And then, if all these things are fixed we will come back.
Because the location of the Hotel is SUPER!
I visit Prague freaglently. I know it can be different and much better, with much happier guests.
Keep the customers satisfied. Investing in this well pay you back in 1 or 2 years, for a long time.
Nowadays people want more comfort, coffee at breakfast and a good bed to sleep on.

If all these changes are made, give me a mail and I will gladly come back to your hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Atelier-W78

Dear Guest, Thank you for writing a review. It is of course always important for us, to know the opinion from our guests. I apologize for some inconveniences you had to deal with in our hotel during your stay.I am already looking for new lamps and to change them in all the rooms to make also reading at night more comfortable. The shower places we are changing gradually in all the rooms, probably you still had the old style. I also checked the coffee problem and that day we had a delivery problem, which of course is no excuse. I got the information we offered another coffee. Regarding our beds, I agree they could be softer and I am going to find a solution to satisfy our guests looking for for this. Please let me know if you are going to make a new trip to Prague, would be a pleasure to meet you in person and to make your stay with us perfect. Kind regards

Reviewed 19 May 2011

We stayed here for Valentines and reserved a larger room, it was massive! We had a giant bed (nice + comfy) and overlooked the stream, a waterwheel, the roof tops and part of a park (there were lots of windows!) It had snowed very recently and Prague looked so pretty in the snow (we tried to ignore the -15 temperatures!)
Our flight had been delayed so we arrived later than anticipated and the night reception girl spoke little english but tried her best to make sure we were fine.
The location is fantastic, walking along a pretty courtyard to the Charles Bridge and a short walk from the castle too. We didnt use public transport to do anything other than get to/from airport, we walked to all the sites!
The rooms/hotel itself was a little on the 'simple' side, with simple and no frilled furniture and some thread bare looking carpets in places. I believe our shower screen was cracked at the bottom too, but we had paid less for the hotel than others in the area, and for the space and location we had, I would definitly do it again

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
kampagarden, General Manager at Kampa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Good afternoon, Thank you for your review. We are gradually changing the shower screens on every room. So I believe if you visit us next time, you will find a new door on your room.If you enjoyed winter here on the Kampa Island, I wonder what would you say about the summer ?
Summer is also very nice and romantric. You should try it :-) You are welcome anytime. Best regards.

Reviewed 5 May 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights, hotel small and basic, but clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, small selection of hot food and good choice of continental foods. Room had safe, mini fridge and kettle (but no supplies for tea or coffee). Our room was very big and comfortable and had a juliet balcony. A couple of minutes walk to Charles Bridge, perfect for joining the centre of attraction but able to step out of the hustle and bustle and join in the relaxing atmoshere of Kampa Island. There are a couple of bars and restuarants around the corner but we couldn't hear any noise from our hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Prague is definitely worth a visit. You get great views from the top of the Astronomical Clock Tower. lots of historical sites and walking tours to do . we done the 6 hour ultimate tour and really enjoyed learning the history of prague .

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cornish051
kampagarden, General Manager at Kampa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Good afternoon, Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Prague and our hotel.Each room has facilities for making tea and coffee. Tea bags and coffee is available at the reception desk for FREE !! This information is also written on every room. This service is not usuall for a 3 star hotel, so I think this is one of the " little extra " we offer to our guests. I hope to welcome you soon again.Wish you all the best. Kind regards.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Reception staff so helpful and friendly, Fixed all outings and taxis and had alot of good advice about where to go.
Beds rather on the hard side.
Breakfast could have had more to choose from. On our departure day we ordered a breakfast package which consisted of a dry sandwich and an old apple. Could have been alot better.
Location top class, in a calm area with a park just round the corner.

Room Tip: Facing the little river
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
kampagarden, General Manager at Kampa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2011

Good afternoon, Thank you for your review,which is always important for us. Regarding the breakfast. Our breakfast choice is I think is for a 3 star hotel rather better by comparison to other hotels in Prague and also Europe. Of course it does not mean, that it couldn´t be even more better :-). I will reconsider our choice and I hope we can satisfy you also in this direction next time. The same with the breakfast package. I would appreciate, if you could write me to my email, what exactly you are missing on the breakfast buffet. Thank you in advance and I hope to welcome you soon again. Best regards