1,340 results
All reviews train station old town wenceslas square recommend this hotel minute walk tourist attractions quiet area breakfast was included reception staff long weekend charles bridge city break yogurt toilet petra basin wardrobe
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We had a great time.The room was very clean,towels were changed everyday and the breakfast was very tasteful.The receptionists were very polite and willing to give propositions for restaurants and cafe

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank mstamataras
987praguehotel, Front Office Manager at 987 Design Prague Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Mr.&Mrs. Stamataras,

thank you so much for your review and for your recent stay in our hotel.
I'm truly happy that you were satisfied with all our services as a breakfast or cleaning or even our receptionists.
We do our best to fulfill guests' expectation and as I can see we are on the right way!

If your future travels bring you back to Prague, I'll be more than happy to welcome you in our hotel again!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of positives with this hotel, but probably several negatives which is why three stars is appropriate.

I enjoyed our stay here. The bed was a very comfy king-sized double, our room (514 on the fifth floor) came with a bathtub and Juliet balcony and generally we were in an area of the hotel that was quiet and we remained undisturbed. The layout of the bedrooms are slightly strange, though. The wash basin area is located in between both the separate toilet and bathtub areas, directly facing a wardrobe and in front of the cupboard containing the fridge and safe (it will make more sense in photos posted) and it doesn’t seem quite right. But it works and we had no issues really. Speaking of the fridge, the items inside are outrageously priced so don’t even bother.

The staff at the front desk are helpful and friendly and always said something when we headed out or returned back. The catering staff during breakfast time were slightly more muted though. Breakfast itself is a strange one. The standard of food is okay but it’s not world-beating by any stretch of the imagination. The layout of the breakfast area is a little odd and the seating - found in the form of low-level stools or plastic chairs - is a curious one. There isn’t even much available seating either! I think this is trying to show a unique and quirky side to 987 Design but falls a little flat. One more thing: we left one morning to check out some attractions and returned for a break during the afternoon around 15:00 to find our room hadn’t been made up. Not sure if this is normal but it didn’t really bother us - just mentioning in case it bothers other, more easily offended travellers...

Despite this, another positive is that the hotel is not too far from the Old Town Square or other attractions. If you book a hotel without anticipating its location to major sightseeing locations and then complain like some reviews on here, then you’re an idiot. I don’t think it is poorly located. Prague is a large city anyway, so you’re always bound to be doing some form of walking!

So overall, the 987 Design Prague hotel is reasonably good, but does have a few flaws that leave you wondering a bit.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gregwN6135SS
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Really should provide tea coffee kettle etc in every room this is a basic and standard requirement that is found in every hotel I have ever stayed in. Breakfast was fresh and with a wide selection although the choice at dinner was quite basic but tasty

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Adventurer678441
987praguehotel, Front Office Manager at 987 Design Prague Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear valued traveler,

Thank you for your time to share your experience with our hotel.
I'm really sorry to hear that you miss kettle at your room - it is true that we do not provide them automatically to each room but upon request could be delivered immediately.
I am very pleased to hear that you like our breakfast - my colleagues are doing their best to provide guests' with delicious, fresh and varied goodies for breakfast. Also, our chefs' are preparing the new menu for our restaurant with more choices

All in all, I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that if you will come to Prague again we will be your choice and you will see improvements.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We lived there for our honeymoon on 5 Dec, 2017.
You know, once a lifetime, only one single honeymoon. But the hotel nearly ruined our trip.

The incident happened on 6 Dec, 00:49 when we slept. Suddenly, there’s a Indian guy, rushed in our room with his damn key card!!!
Unbelievably that it never happens in my 10 years travelling experience. And I shouted, “Who’s that.”

And then the guy went out, but without saying a sorry. I called the front desk immediately, and he only said it’s company fault, but not his fault.

How can a 4-star hotel, can have such insecure system? Terrible and made myself had terrible feeling towards Prague. Blacklisted forever.

Suggest you think very carefully before book this hotel in order to safeguard your belongings.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shuma2018
987praguehotel, Front Office Manager at 987 Design Prague Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear shuma2018,

thank you for taking your time to give us an honest review.

I'm really sorry to read that such an unpleasant situation ruined your honeymoon trip. Even more due to the fact that management wasn't informed about the night's happening . Therefore we weren't able to express our deepest apology by VIP treatments.

Furthermore we would like to explain the whole situation in more detailed manner. Our security standards are on high level and there is no possible way for someone from outside to gain entrance to any of the guests' rooms. Our new night auditor did not check our internal system and he thought your room is still not occupied. His reaction was not appropriate and not achieving our company standards.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We have taken precautions so accidents like this don't happen again.

On behalf of the entire staff and management please accept our apologies.

Your sincerely,

FOM

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We stayed in room 302, the room was quite clean. They changed the towels everyday as well as shampoos. Also, the room was very nice. An exception to this was a cobweb, in the ceiling. They did not fill the box with the handkerchiefs.
Staff at reception, friendly and courteous. But the staff in the breakfast ...was unsuitable for tourism. The people are working in tourism must understand that they are their country's ambassadors….! Communication and good behaviors can exist without knowing each other's language.
Also, the breakfast was good.
We recommend this hotel, for all the above reasons. As well, for the very convenient location, just 15 minutes’ walk from the old city

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grioannis
987praguehotel, Front Office Manager at 987 Design Prague Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear Grioannis,

thank you for your review on TA.
I definitely agree with you - if you are working in hospitality industry there is no place for pessimism and bad mood, you have to be always smiling and always willing to help. Please note that I will pass your comments about their attitude to F&B manager.
On the other hand, I'm delighted that you liked our breakfast.
I'm sorry that you had a cobweb in your room, our cleaning standards are really high so I'm surprised to read this. Please be sure mistake like this will not happen again.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travellers!
It will be the pleasure to welcome you here again!