1,639 results
All reviews pachtuv palace charles bridge four poster bed deluxe suite old town mini kitchen river view prague castle perfect location beautiful hotel living room high ceilings the hotel staff turn down service across the river large bathroom beautiful room
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was upgraded to a suite on what was the last stop on a four week tour of Italy and Prague. The staff were amazing and could not do enough to assist. A champagne was waiting for me on my arrival which was a great touch. The room was great and had an excellent view of the Charles Bridge and the Castle - although there were scaffolding for renovations - still did not detract from the view. The staff arranged for a tour for me which was really good. The wireless internet was strong and I easily communicated back home on Skype numerous times over a amble and satisfying breakfast. The location is fantastic and within walking distance of everywhere. The cafes and bars around have great food as does the hotel. I sincerely recommend this hotel to travellers. Thank you Mamaison.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to a suite if you can!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace and also thank you for your positive feedback.
I am happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we could be part of your Prague experience. Thank you so very much for the compliments about the employees as well as the restaurant Amade.

I apologize for the reconstruction of the building and the impact it might have on your stay. Thank you for being so understandable. The façade is done as of end of November and now we have our views back.

I hope to welcome you back in the future,

I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I actually stayed here last Thanksgiving (2011) with my mom on a 5 day vacation in Prague.
Hotel is well located and the room is spacious with plenty storage areas. We had the standard double with a private terrace facing the courtyard at a corner. The room is also equipped with a small kitchenette hiding inside an armoire. The toilet room is separated from the bathroom with its own tiny sink. The hotel offers basic toiletries from L'Occitane, sewing kit, bath robes, shoe shine kit, and an umbrella for guests that didn't bring their own.

Staffs are courteous and helpful. You get a welcome drink upon arrival and free WiFi in the lobby (complimentary wired internet access in all rooms). We also took their airport transfer service which we enjoyed as well. The hotel restaurant, Amade, is also wonderful, highly recommended to have at least one meal during the stay there!

Location is unbeatable because it sits in the heart of Prague. All the sites are within walking distance and Charles Bridge is only 5 minutes away. Subway and tram stations are also nearby.

I highly recommended this hotel for those who wanted an affordable, yet luxury stay in Prague!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank llc2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback here on the Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to find out that our guests are happy and enjoy their stay at Pachtuv Palace. I am happy to hear your compliments on the service and I will definitely share this review with my colleagues.

I hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 6 December 2012

We were so relieved when we arrived here after randomly booking from an internet deal. Very warm welcome and glass of prosecco before we were taken to our lovely four poster bed room. The bathroom was well decorated and very clean with everything you'd expect (Bar an IRON!). From being used to crappy hotels in London this was luxury and its right on the river, next charles bridge...you couldnt be more central without being on a side street above a bar (and noone wants that:-) ) The nextday a film crew arrived to film a czech movie which was interesting and made us feel very glam but meant we had to shuffle to the empty restaurant to wait for our taxi when we left. Understandable but worth mentioning. Do have breakfast there- the english fry up is actually a real treat after the day before where we tried breakfast elsewhere in town (expensive and weird) Go for the menu instead of buffet which is stupidly expensive for what it is. Overall a really really nice stay we were very sad to leave!

Room Tip: we didnt see others but eventhough we didnt have a room/balcony it was absolutely fine. Its winter and we dont want a room with a balcony anyway!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank europhile13_13

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and also thank you for your recent stay at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace in Prague.

I am happy to find out that you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with the services, room as well as the hotel breakfast.

I apologize if the filming crew was an inconvenience for you and if it had impact on your stay. I agree that the reception should mention it to you and I am sorry they forgot. They were filming a Czech movie fairy tale that will be on TV next Christmas.

I hope to welcome you back soon. Prague in Spring is beautiful.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I don't know where to start really with Pachtuv Palace - the most central location, literally just two steps away from Charles Bridge and other beauties or Prague? Or should I mention the suites - enormous apartments even, we had a Junior Suite definitely worth its price with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, large sitting room, large windows into two beautiful courtyards? Or the impeccable service - efficient yet hardly noticeable? Of the lesser note, but also contributing to a great experience were breakfast buffet, selection of wines in the evening, frescoes in the suites and gorgeous reception areas for sitting with friends, waiting or playing cards... If you are going to Prague, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback here on the Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to find out that our guests are happy and enjoy their stay at Pachtuv Palace. I am happy to hear your compliments on the service and I will forward it to my colleagues.

I hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 30 November 2012

From the moment we checked in to our departure we were treated like royalty. starting with a glass of champagne. The architecture, furniture, courtyard, everything reminds you of Old Europe. Our room, or should I say our apartment, was very well appointed and comfortable. The service is excellent. The location close to Charles Bridge and within walking distance of the Old Town makes it a perfect choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple