Pachtuv Palace is a suite hotel. Given that we were celebrating an anniversary the staff put us in a "special" suite. The room was very spacious and consisted of a large living/dining room, a half bath and an ensuite bedroom. The space felt like it was once an attic - it was on the 3rd floor and reached only by stairs.The walls sloped. There was only one full window that looked onto the courtyard. The rest were dormer windows that tilted inward. There were several skylights. The furniture and lighting were a pleasant mix of old and new. The room had exposed wood beams which made it a bit difficult to navigate the space as we are tall people. I felt like I was always stooping so I would not hit my head.The closet was akwardly placed under some beams with poor lighting.The bathroom was very modern with a tub/shower combination. Bathrobes and lotions were of high quality. The kitchen area was equiped with a coffee maker and a fridge. The mini bar was very reasonably priced. Turn down service was provided and the chocolates were heavenly! We used their airport pick up service and that was very efficient. Well worth the money if you do not know where you are going - not to mention being picked up in a mercedes! Upon arrival we were offered champagne. The lobby is small and well appointed. The outside space is amazing - featuring several comfortable seating arrangements, heaters and beautiful statues. As it was fall most of the flowers were gone but I can only imagine how beautiful it is in spring and summer. The location of the hotel made it worth what we spent. We were steps away from the Charles Bridge. The hotel staff spoke English and were anxious to do anything to make our stay pleasant. Wendy especially went out of her way to assist us with other travel arrangements - even sending a car to the train station to purchase our tickets for the next leg of our journey.Upon check out I asked to see another suite - one in the main building serviced by an elevator. The room was large with beautiful large windows opening to a view of the river. I would have perferred that space over what they had upgraded us to. If stairs are an issue for you make sure you ask for a room that is accessible by elevator. As we were leaving workmen were setting up scaffolding in the front of the building for repairs. Staff said the work would take about 6 weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smetana Hotel (formerly Pachtuv Palace) is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Smetana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague