1,626 results
All reviewspachtuv palacecharles bridgefour poster bedold townmini kitchenriver viewbedroom suiteprague castleperfect locationbeautiful hotelhigh ceilingsthe hotel staffsitting roomturn down serviceacross the riverlarge bathroomlovely room
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel in mid April for 4 nights. Overall, it was a great experience. We were upgraded to a suite, which was a nice surprise. It was huge, with a nice lounge, bedroom and kitchen, and well-appointed. The heating was excellent and bed comfortable. We did not have views of the Castle, which was fine as the suite was tucked away inside with a nice courtyard and was more private and quiet, which we preferred. The location of the hotel was excellent, next to Charles Bridge, with easy access to all the main tourist sites on either side of the river. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the cost and was nice. We recommend using the hotel car for transfers to and from the airport; it was very convenient and worth the cost especially after a 24 hour flight to Prague. Will return to stay here again if we were to travel to Prague.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BE_2103
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have stayed in Prague before and even though the city is stunning, my previous stay was less than perfect. This time I booked Mamaison and it was a great choice. Very nice location, lovely and peaceful rooms, great breakfast and best of all, fantastic staff!
I really could not fault anything.

Room Tip: I booked a package online (their website) and the room was filled with little sweet surprises!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We spent four nights here, 4/2012. The location couldn't be better, you step out a few moments walk to the Charles bridge; in the opposite direction, 5 minutes takes you by a plethora of shops and attractive ( and very good) restaurants. This is a converted "palace" with lovely courtyards (with fabulous, modern funny bronze sculpture), very high ceilings and in our room, lovely river views. Mozart stayed here.
The compromise involves fitting a modern hotel room into older spaces. In our case, this ended up as a smallish room with a very comfortable king bed and not much room for much else, and a very large bathroom, larger than needed. The real issue though, and not unique to this hotel, was the need to climb into a high sided tub to take a shower with a hand held shower head and about a one foot screen to keep the water on you and in the tub rather than the floor. At 70 very plus, a slippery tub is a challenge. We lived in Europe for three years and this is all too familliar; I mention this only to alert older readers that an American chain hotel usually avoids this challenge.
Having said all this; we would happily come back here, perhaps unwashed.. The staff was wonderful, helpful and friendly, and the restaurant Amade in the hotel has an excellent breakfast and superb evening meal service, thought by many to be the best in Prague.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William J
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff treated us very well. The room was plenty big and kept very clean. The location is perfect in our opinion. I would recommend getting their private car to take you to and from the airport. It is very reasonable and you will appreciate not having to worry about anything. The gentlemen that perform this function are very good at their jobs. I wish every place we stayed was like this one. Their little kitchenette is fantastic for keeping a few things cold - and they will get you ice if you need it. Something I really enjoy when I have a drink. They were also very free with the bathroom toiletries and used a top brand.

Thanks - Bill

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have better views. We did not have a great view, but had a little patio that you could sit outside and look over the city. We were fortunate that the weather was warm for March and we were able to sit out almost every day.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

A charming establishment in a perfect location for Old Town Prague. Very close to all popular attractions as well as the tram/metro station. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was massive and clean, I got a free upgrade from a junior suite to a two bedroom suite. Hotel is never busy, and was a welcome break from all of the American chain hotels, with a more private service and experience. I highly recommend this hotel, however if I could suggest one thing then it would be to lower the laundry costs, irons are not allowed in the rooms due to safety reasons, but the cost of ironing for just 3 casual items was almost £20. That is the only negative I could possibly say, and ths hotel definately still gets 5*!

Stayed: April 2012