1,642 results
All reviews pachtuv palace charles bridge four poster bed deluxe suite old town mini kitchen river view large living room prague castle perfect location beautiful hotel separate toilet high ceilings sitting room the hotel staff turn down service across the river
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We spent four nights here, 4/2012. The location couldn't be better, you step out a few moments walk to the Charles bridge; in the opposite direction, 5 minutes takes you by a plethora of shops and attractive ( and very good) restaurants. This is a converted "palace" with lovely courtyards (with fabulous, modern funny bronze sculpture), very high ceilings and in our room, lovely river views. Mozart stayed here.
The compromise involves fitting a modern hotel room into older spaces. In our case, this ended up as a smallish room with a very comfortable king bed and not much room for much else, and a very large bathroom, larger than needed. The real issue though, and not unique to this hotel, was the need to climb into a high sided tub to take a shower with a hand held shower head and about a one foot screen to keep the water on you and in the tub rather than the floor. At 70 very plus, a slippery tub is a challenge. We lived in Europe for three years and this is all too familliar; I mention this only to alert older readers that an American chain hotel usually avoids this challenge.
Having said all this; we would happily come back here, perhaps unwashed.. The staff was wonderful, helpful and friendly, and the restaurant Amade in the hotel has an excellent breakfast and superb evening meal service, thought by many to be the best in Prague.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William J
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff treated us very well. The room was plenty big and kept very clean. The location is perfect in our opinion. I would recommend getting their private car to take you to and from the airport. It is very reasonable and you will appreciate not having to worry about anything. The gentlemen that perform this function are very good at their jobs. I wish every place we stayed was like this one. Their little kitchenette is fantastic for keeping a few things cold - and they will get you ice if you need it. Something I really enjoy when I have a drink. They were also very free with the bathroom toiletries and used a top brand.

Thanks - Bill

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have better views. We did not have a great view, but had a little patio that you could sit outside and look over the city. We were fortunate that the weather was warm for March and we were able to sit out almost every day.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

A charming establishment in a perfect location for Old Town Prague. Very close to all popular attractions as well as the tram/metro station. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was massive and clean, I got a free upgrade from a junior suite to a two bedroom suite. Hotel is never busy, and was a welcome break from all of the American chain hotels, with a more private service and experience. I highly recommend this hotel, however if I could suggest one thing then it would be to lower the laundry costs, irons are not allowed in the rooms due to safety reasons, but the cost of ironing for just 3 casual items was almost £20. That is the only negative I could possibly say, and ths hotel definately still gets 5*!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I think the title of my review says it all. Simply excellent. From the moment of check in where I was helped by Roman and another male staff member, who I think was a trainee but still very helpful, I have nothing but praise for this establishment. The building is immaculately clean and well turned out with a delightful terrace area, my room was spacious and I was lucky enough to have a sitting area and a view of the river. I loved the bed. Great location right next to Charles Bridge but also an easy walk to the old town and the castle. I even walked one night to the State Opera and that took about 45 minutes. I should mention great advice on restuarants and a useful free map on arrival also. Transfer back to the airport very reasonably priced in a beautiful merc and good efficient staff and tasty food in the restuarant. The hotel did very well, please go and stay there , I hope to do so again soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank matthow
Reviewed 28 March 2012

i was on a biz trip to prague in feb 2012 and stayed in suite no 207 overlooking the river - from the time i entered the hotel totally tired with hours of flying the experience was nthg but exceptional......the staff is always read to help - no matter how many times i would call them to replace the toiletries ( my fav l'occitance products )- they would always answer with a big smile - my room was ultra posh - free wi fi connection, massive bedroom with a huge living room and a small pantry - it was home away from home undeniably....loved the candies in the bowl at the reception ...their restaurant amade does fantastic food - although options for vegetarians was limited the chef was able to put together a pasta and grilled vegetables dish effortlessly altho it was not a part of the menu..........they even helped call a private cab to take me to the airport which i have not seen many posh european hotels do...all in all i would go back to them again with my beau in summers ...the hotel is right across the charles brigde.....the view from the stunning

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business