“Great Location, Safe for Solos”

Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Ranked #267 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This was exceptional value. I booked flight hotel package. Had a lovely room with windows that opened and had view of the river. Everything was walking distance and I felt safe as a solo traveller.
Breakfast included and was very good.
Prague is stunningly beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Misselly11
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear guest,
we are pleased by your great review - thank you - short, sweet and to the point. We are delighted you will be back and all the team is looking forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We had a lovely stay at The Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, the hotel is perfectly located to access easily all attractions in central Prague.
As it was our anniversary, they upgraded us to the Panorama Suite, which had beautiful views from the city, a massive living room area, bathroom and bed. The breakfast was ok, nothing outstanding but the basics were covered, continental and English buffet.
A few disappointing things:
1- WiFi is only available in the lobby, which makes it really annoying if you want to use internet in your phone; an internet cable is provided in the room for laptops only.
2- The Suite was beautiful, but only had a big bath and hand-held shower. A standing shower should be available as well, considering there is plenty of room in the bathroom! No sleepers or robe were available either, which you would normally find in a suite.
3- On the last day we wanted to find out were the stop for the AE Bus was, but the Concierge was not able to advise us. He directed us to another stop, were the mini bus going to the airport costed twice the money of the AE Bus. Whoever wants to know, the station for the AE (Airport Express) from the town centre to the airport departs from Platform 1B from Hlavní Nádraží (Main Train Station). Journey time is 30 minutes to get to the airport. The bus line AE operates daily from 5 a.m. till 10 p.m. in regular intervals of 30 minutes. Costs 60 Kr per person.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mirinda M
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your positive comment on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to learn about your positive experience at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town and I realy do appreciate the comments we receive as we always strive to improve our products and services. Thank you once again for your great contribution. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again soon!
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 2 January 2012

As said by others - great location and comfortable hotel. Everywhere was in easy walking distance and I felt quite safe out on my own. I actually thought that the breakfast was very good including one of the best selections of teas I have seen in a hotel for a long time. My only critiscm was that the bar closed at 11pm! An unexpected bonus was the briliant view of Prague castle from my 4th floor room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AFS916
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear guest,
Please allow me to thank you for sharing your beautiful feedback about your stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town with us and with other travellers. I was pleased to read, that you had a good night sleep, that you enjoyed the breakfast and that our team could provide you with the expected level of service. I wish you and your family all the very best in the New Year 2012 and look forward to welcome you back at the Clarion Hotels on your next visit of Prague.
TYours

Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed here with a group of people over Xmas

Firstly, the location is excellent, right in the old town so incredibly easy access to all the sights.

Secondly, some of the staff were lovely, really friendly and helpful

However, how it is a 4 star hotel, I’ll never know

It has none of the amenities that one would expect from a 4 star hotel.

Breakfast is poor great, old looking fruit, bad coffee and cooked food.

The sheets don’t get changed every day, in fact I stayed there for 3 nights and my sheets weren’t changed once.

Good location, tourist class hotel, but definitely not 4 star quality

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thanks for your kind words. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and show that all troubles with breakfast we maneged to improve. I am sure about it.
With my best regards from Clarion hotel Prague Old Town

Reviewed 30 December 2011

We booked this hotel through a package with Air France. The standard room was really large, the hotel clean, and the bed was the most comfortable that I have slept in Europe. The buffet breakfast was nice, and the hotel is just a few minutes walk to Old Town Square. The wi-fi is free, but be aware that it is only available in the lobby (at least there is a sofa there), in the lounge/breakfast area, and immediately outside the doors. There is usb connection in the room for free wi-fi, but not available in the room without usb. Wi-fi was a tad slow, but it was great to have it, and free.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CathyFitz2451

Dear guest,
First of all, please allow me to thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town during your visit of our beautiful city. It was a big pleasure for me to read, that you enjoyed our services and our facilities and thank you very much for sharing your great feedback about your stay with other travellers. Please rest assured, that all your comments will be passed to the rest of the Team. Due to your notice is Wi-Fi at reception desk and in the rooms upgraded to 10Mbps.
I wish you a Happy New Year and look forward to your returns