“Wow! Amazing Anniversary Dinner!”
Review of George Prime Steak

George Prime Steak
Ranked #53 of 6,164 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Description: George Prime Steak is a contemporary American-style steakhouse in the heart of Old Town Square serving 'USDA Prime' beef, featuring an extensive Californian wine selection, exclusive Bourbon collection and hand-crafted signature cocktails.
Reviewed 6 July 2016

My wife and I were going to be in Prague for our 1st wedding anniversary, so I did a lot of research to find the best restaurant to celebrate our special occasion. After much research, I decided to make a reservation at George Prime Steak.
Upon entering, I knew I had made a great decision. The staff is incredibly friendly, the décor is extremely elegant - the perfect setting for a special dinner. The service was incredible - our waiter was very knowledgeable on all of the wine selections and helped us pick the perfect wine based on what we like.
For the food - we decided to go with the French Onion Soup as a starter. We get this soup very often, and this was hands down one of the best we've had to date. For the entrée, we decided to go with the Porterhouse For Two with a side of asparagus, wild mushrooms, and scalloped potatoes. WOW! The meal was beyond amazing. The Porterhouse was brought out and carved tableside, it was cooked perfectly just as we had hoped. The steak was huge, and the sides were large as well - we finished half, and took the other half home and had it for lunch the next day.
Yes, this will be your most expensive meal in Prague without a doubt, but it will also be your best meal in Prague, guaranteed. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of visit: June 2016
3  Thank OhMikeGod
Write a ReviewReviews (2,247)

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I revisited George Prime steak again this year since i stayed at the Emblem hotel, nothing much to add than still a class A restaurant, superb service, superb staff, great food quality. Expensive and worth every penny.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank Bassel J
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

We were in Praga with the family and checked out the local restaurants in Trip Advisor.

George Prime Steak is a lovely restaurant with great environment and top notch service.

Now the food..... is simply marvelous, the steaks were cooked as perfectly as we ordered and the quality of the meat was top notch. Order the house fillet mignon.... it was...... you know the word... say it with me.... 1, 2, 3!!!! Fantastico!!!!

They have a vast selection of sauces and side dishes to complement the meat. All of them are amazing, we tried a few hehe he.

The dessert selection is to die for.... please do yourself a favor and order the following:

The Panna Cotta

The Baked Alaska ( Flambée merengue with raspberry grandmanier sorbet)

The banana split (believe me, it's a modern twist to the original ice cream treat, a total must)
Kind regards,

Miami Mario

1  Thank Mario C
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We went to George for dinner, and it was a really good experience. The staff was very polite, professional and nice, and the food was really amazing. The whole atmosphere was really nice.

I had dry aged Rib eye which was perfectly cooked to my preference, and creamed potato mash, and my girlfriend had the filet mignon and baked potato which was also great. On the bonus side, they are the first place I've found craft beer in Prague. The California 12 from pivovar matuska was an incredible American Ipa.

2  Thank groetting
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We have some great steak places in Toronto, but this is right up with or possibly surpasses.

Service is impeccable.

A mistake was made with the great blue rare rather than medium. Within 4 mins the entire meal was replaced.

This is a testament to the service and the ability to rectify the issue quickly.

I want to go back.