“Really great food!”

Ranked #36 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The restaurant is rather small and usually crowded but it looks very homey and has a nice, rustic design to it.

I was there at lunch time so they had 3 main courses I think, some soups and one dessert. I don't mind a small menu because it means that everything is handled with care and has great quality.

I've ordered gnocchi which wasn't really gnocchi, they were dumpling with horseradish and spinach. It was really, really tasty with enough spice and flavour. It's not a huge portion, so can eat an appetiser or dessert and you won't be that full.
There is always a bottle of water on the table, free of charge.

I paid like 6 Euros for a main and a large lemonade, so it's definitely cheap!

The service is perfect, they are always friendly and welcoming and really happy when you leave a tip.

However it's kinda hard finding the restaurant so don't rely on your phone but rather ask someone who looks like a local.

There are newer reviews for Estrella restaurant

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Our last night in Prague and we found a cozy place out of the tourist mess. Only 8 tables at Estrella. Vegetarian food and interesting. I had spinach Spatzle with fried tempeh: great combination. This local version of gnocchi is also typical of Bavaria and I love it, I had tried it before in more traditional recipes.
Dessert was coconut milk panna cotta with mango sorbet. I am very fussy with panna cotta because usually it is prepared too heavy, but this was just perfect.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Situated in a small side street in the centre of Prague, this cosy veggie place is worth seeking out. Quite a small selection of dishes but all very tasty & nicely presented. Choice of Czech craft beers very welcome too. Staff were very friendly. Highly recommended!

Beáta Š, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Estrella restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

for your recommendation and your time to review our restaurant.
Hope to see you again!
Best regards
Estrella team

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Friendly service and delicious food! Nice atmosphere and good vegetarian options. Fast service so very suitable for lunch.

Dear Satu,
thank you for your kind words!
I am glad you explored our cuisine and liked it!
We are sending you lots of regards!
Your Estrella

Reviewed 1 August 2017

My friends and I were very excited to see that there was a vegetarian restaurant in Prague, as we often find it very difficult to find somewhere with more than a couple of options for us to choose from. On the day that we had decided to visit Estrella, it happened to rain very heavily, but we were determined to get there. We walked for 15 minutes in the pouring rain only to be greeted by a very unfriendly waitress.
I asked for a table for four, to which she simply replied 'we don't have one'. I could see quite clearly a table for 3 quite close to where we were stood, and several empty chairs around the restaurant. I asked if she could possibly add one chair to the table of 3, which she reluctantly did.
As we were about to sit down, the waitress said something about it not being very comfortable. I thought she was meaning that we might not be comfortable, so I politely said that we wouldn't mind. She very sarcastically replied ' yeah, you don't mind'. I then realised she had meant that other guests would be uncomfortable. From looking around the nearby tables, this would not have been the case, there was plenty of room, it just may have been a bit of a squeeze for us at the smaller table.
We decided to let it go as it was still raining very heavily, but as I sat down, another waitress made a point of trying to squeeze around me and making an exasperated noise.
We decided to leave without ordering.

Hello, dear Josie,
thank you for your detailed review.
I am sorry to hear that you had such unpleasant experience with our staff. I value your words and make sure this does not happen again.
Please, can you write me back which day exactly you decided to visit Estrella?
Thank you very much.
The whole Estrella team sends you lots of appologize.
We wish you a great day and hope that next time we´ll have a chance to correct our reputation.