City Crown Hotel
  • Restaurant
Pragotel(Prague)
Columbo(Prague)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I sleept here during 3 nights in the beginning of september 2009. In fact i sleept very well there, the bed was not as god as mine home, but good enough. I had the window open towards the street, with car noise and a little bit of screaming, happy youths.
I was thankful i not had forgot my earbuds. The room was not luxury, but it was kind of IKEA furnitures that did it's work. It's a tv on the room, but only a few channels worked. The bathroom was clean with a nice bathtube and a lot of towels.

The breakfast was ok, but nothing i will remember forever. The coffe was very good, i was thinking it maybe was a swedish brand?
The staff smiled a lot to me, that made me feel good. The girls and the boy in the reception was also very helpful when i asked them some questions.

It was easy to find the place when i walked from the metro Jiriho z Podbrad with a map in my hand. It was a little walking, but only a few blocks to the metro and tram so it was not "to much" walking. With my Ecco-shoes the walking was only a joy, it is so much nice thing to watch around in Prague. I found a lot of good eatings places around the hotel and other places. I had a good schnitzel at a sportsbar just besides the hotel.

But on the way home after a few beers on the resturant i do had some problem find the entrance door to the hotel, maybe they should consider put up a neon-sign or something withe the hotel name on?

So i dont see any reason to not choose this hotel the next time im going to Prague.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Leif E
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Bad parts
-staff at the restaurant are REALLY in need of some basic training about how to be NICE AND FRIENDLY. They make you feel soooooo unwelcomed. I don't know if the word "friendly" exists in the minds of those people. I know people's expectations change across cultures, but in my culture (Japanese), if anyone behaved like that in a work place towards customers and guest, they'd be losing their job right there.

-There is no air conditioning in some rooms and the hotel staff are in denial about that. Only said there's nothing wrong with the air conditioners, seemed helpless.

-Internet connection (LAN cable) is described as high speed, but even though is with a LAN cable and not wireless, it is EXTREMELY SLOW!!! To view a 5 minute movie on youtube, you need to wait about 5 minutes for it to download. That's how slow it is. Also, the server is set so that it does not allow you to view many of the sites that are from other countries, and the hotel staff is completely ignorant about how to solve the problem.

Good parts
-Rooms are very clean and spacious.

-Staff at the reception are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank tkpres
Reviewed 29 June 2009

have stayed at City Crown in 2008 and 2009 and the standards and quality haven`t changed and all. I have no hesitation in recommending it. The hotel is centrally located on a quiet street about 10 minutes walk to the Old City. The rooms are clean, comfortable, the en-suite bathrooms in particular are quite spacious. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Internet is free of charge (WIFI and PC in reception). Hotel has a lovely green courtyard with flowers where you can grab free tea or coffee and rest after a busy day. Overall this is a great little 3 star hotel with lots of character.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sassy_79
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I booked with this hotel at which to stay while exploring Prague. At first I was very impressed - except that there was no welcome basket that they claim to have ready for each guest who stays longer than 5 days, but to me that was no big deal.

However, upon returning after a night out, the staff were all congregated in the front room and as I walked by they stopped talking for a moment. A second or two later I heard one of the male staff describe me as a "typical gay from Canada" and the others laughed as he continued to say that "he has to try not to laugh" when encountering those of my particular demographic. I could hear the others laughing at this as I stood to catch the elevator. I felt completely humilated and angry and had to process what had happened.

Fortunately for me I am resilient and minutes later after getting my stuff ready in my room I went back downstairs and confronted them very sternly. They apologised and tried making excuses about how they were joking and had had a few drinks etc. and offered me a beer, I guess to "compensate". Overall, I would not recommend this hotel if you are of any minority as god knows how they may end up treating you!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
7  Thank mtcutie
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We have just returned from 4 days stay at the City Crown. We walked to the old city centre on the first day, it took about 25 minutes, so we went to the old city centre by metro or tram on the other days. It is very easy, cheap and comfortable way to travel. In our opinion the central location of the hotel is not very essential in Prague, because travelling by bus, tram and, metro is very quick, it only takes about 5-10 minutes. Hotel is 5-10 minutes away from the metro and tram stop. So location of the hotel is not a disadvantage. Our room was very clean, bathroom, which I care the most, was nice, clean and useful. We did not have a problem with the cleanliness of the room. They made up the room and emptied the trash every day. Breakfast was good also. Egg, bacon, cheese, jam, honey, butter, cake, corn-flakes, orange juice, coffee and tea were available. The best part was tea, coffee and biscuits were free all day. It is very nice to have a cup of "free" tea and biscuits at the garden of the hotel on an evening after a long, tiring day. Our room was very silent. the enviroment of the hotel was not very nice but this was not a problem, we turned back to hotel safely very late in the night. So if I go back to Prague, I will go back to hotel again.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank turkel