All reviews charles bridge prague castle hot breakfast perfect location western end double aspect castle end mala strana old town lennon wall booked this hotel small hotel shower cubicle recommend this hotel a stones throw fairy tale cold meats
Reviewed 13 September 2018

This hotel is located on the west end of the Charles Bridge. Our room had a view of the bridge and the Prague Castle. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Every morning we walked the bridge without the daily traffic. Good breakfasts and a very friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I booked this hotel after seeing pictures and reading trip advisor reviews. I was not disappointed at all. This place is quaint and perfect. GREAT location by Charles Bridge. Rooms are absolutely spotless and staff is so friendly. Easy walking distance to everything. I cannot say enough how charming this place is and how it fits perfectly into the environment around it. Breakfast was superb! Stayed here with husband and two teenage boys, they all love it too. HIGHLY recommend. Only downfall, very weak Wifi (which is important for a teenager). Our room 8 couldn't get any reception at all, but had a lovely view of the river.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We stayed there for three nights from 15th July 2018 during a heatwave in most of Europe. Thank goodness for air conditioning. The hotel is old style adjacent to Charles Bridge. It has large rooms and all the comforts needed for a good nights sleep. We had two rooms on the first floor. One with views over the bridge and canal, the other over the bridge and a small square. Breakfast was served each morning from a set menu by a very pleasant hostess and all the staff were polite and very helpful. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking the Charles Bridge and canal.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Yes, it is in a city center but for a city, it is as quiet as you can get. Our room faced the bridge and what a delight to awaken each morning to the snow falling on the bridge and see it from our warm room. How romantic! Fresh cooked breakfast was included. One elevator but use of the stairs was easy as well.
Breakfast: Choose what you want from a set menu and it would come to your table. Breads and coffees, etc. were there for you to take as you please. Come early if you want a larger selection of pastries. Sweet ones were the first to go!!!
The benefits of having this hotel are many:
Near enough to public transit if you walk up the street away from the bridge, and catch a tram or underground.
The Charles Bridge is everyone's high point so choose when you want to go up for pictures. Access it via the stairs on the opposite side. This does require walking cobble stones and managing stairs and such but if that is not a problem, this is a great find! Also, you can meander up the street and around and not have to access the stairs.
Great restaurants, pizza, and shops all right in your area.
On the "Castle" side so less noise at night than the Old Town side. Less touristy if that is even possible.
Great tower photo pictures from your room!!
But the best is, if you have been walking all day they allow you to have access to their coffee and tea and water all day long. I had hot tea each night on those cold December nights with honey!! What a delight!***Also, we walked till Midnight and it felt very safe!!! This is so important to me and hope it helps you with your decisions. The Old Town didn't feel as safe when you went off the main track. Didn't have any problems in any part of the these main places.
Good vantage point: We took the tram "up" to the Castle and saved walked up the hill and then walked "down" the hill to the hotel after seeing the castle. Made it so easy!! Better food in this area as well.
Booking: You can book direct but I used Hotels.com and booked way early. I was alerted via Tripadvisor email that the price had dropped. I got a refund and was even better off than I had planned. This place sells out and it was full the nights we were there in December. Book early and ask for one of the rooms overlooking the bridge
BEST PART: When something happens in Prague and all the networks are filming it, you can see this hotel in the shot because it is yellow and you know it is them!!! Super fun to see it after you get home and say, "I was right there!!"

Room Tip: This place sells out. Book early and ask for one of the rooms overlooking the bridge but not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Exceptional location right at the end of Charles Bridge. Had a wonderful view from my room on the 3rd floor, over looking the bridge and river. Good wifi and very helpfu staff. Good breakfast with hot menu option. The only minus were the torn towels I had in my room. Otherwise, amazing. Will be back!

Room Tip: If travelling solo, ask for room 18, epic views.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo