“Great Location. Not so friendly service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rott Hotel

Rott Hotel
Ranked #89 of 667 Hotels in Prague
Los Angeles, California
“Great Location. Not so friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was staying here with my parents as part of a " Euro trip" after visiting Vienna. We took the train there and arrived to Prague late at night. At the rail station there were taxi's waiting. A friendly man came up and offered us a ride to the Hotel. Not knowing anything about the city, we went with it. He charged us about $ 30 EUROS for a 10 min drive. Once we got to know the area better, we knew we were screwed over by this man, so watch out and do your homework. BACK to the Hotel: Hotel looks nice, lobby is huge, has a glass elevator in the middle that goes up 4 stories ( you can tell this was an housing complex before, the way it is built is very similar to old housing units in Budapest ). Breakfast was pretty full, not as big of a variety as AM Parkring in Vienna, no champagne for sure, but it was decent. Only thing is, the restaurant in the basement so it has no windows, just a little Cave-like to my taste , but really no complaints. One complaint that I do have was our rooms. Since we arrived late, we got the worst rooms in the " attic", with slanted ceilings, my dad hit his head once trying to get to the other side of their queen bed. The windows were on the ceiling had to use a pole to open them and we were unable to look outside, which was a HUGE disappointment. My room was so small, had a small skylight window on the ceiling as well, no way to look out, soI went to complain. I understand that first comes first serve, but the rooms looked nothing like the hotel's website. Also I notified them the day before that we WERE COMING but coming late. So it is not an excuse to say that they did not know if we showed up or not. When I asked if they had someone checking out the next day so at least my parents can have a nicer room ( they are older and this was the trip of their lifetime), I got a young girl at the desk, who was kind of rude. Just did not seem to be taking my request seriously and told me to talk to the manager, who was not available etc etc. She said come back the next morning and she can not tell me if anyone is checking out ( WHY NOT???).
Since we only had 3 days, I did not want to spend too much time on this , but I did go back down there the next morning. Got a young guy who was equally rude, so I just gave up.
.I would go back but I would make sure that I do not get the leftover attic space. Service is NOT like in Austria, but beng born in Hungary, I am used to the " FORMER Eastern Block Mentality".
FOR Location wise its a great place. Close to the clock. Close to the Plaza. 10 min walk to the bridge. The elevator is a plus. Many hotels do not have it. If you travel with older companions, make sure you have an elevator in the hotel of your choice. I would give the "ROOMS" below a one star, but I have not seen the other rooms, so I give it a 3*.

Room Tip: Make sure that you speak to the manager if you arrive late and let him know. Otherwise you get the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AggieSK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Hotel is 100 yards from the astronomical clock but in a quiet area. The rooms overlooked the little square and the staff are very very helpful and friendly. The cost was surprisingly cheap as well.
I would recommend without heitation.

Room Tip: Avoid the Restaurant around the corner Alla Stella Nera, the place was aweful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Pepinster, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Perfect location in old city (100m form astronomic tower), nice building, kind and very efficient service. Breakfast in the basement in a cosy ambiance. Hard Rock Café at ground floor, but rather quiet place however. Hotel (as well as city) strongly recommended for romantic trips.
Murielle & Pascal, Belgium.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pascal F
Kostroma, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We (my wife and I) stayed at the hotel for several nights in December 2011 - January 2012 to celebrate the New Year's Eve in Prague. The location is really perfect. It's just around the corner from the Old Town Square, so all the city attractions are close to the hotel and you can explore Prague all day long. Also, there is a metro station not so far from the hotel, so you can visit faraway districts of Prague too.
The service at the hotel was remarkable good, thanks to the staff. The breakfast was good too.
Our room was clean and comfortable. The building was once rebuilt from several old buildings, so I think that is the reason of the layout of several rooms (there was a column at the corner in our room, but that was not a problem for us). Internet connection in the room was fast.

Perfect location, clean and comfortable rooms, friendly stuff - I can definitely recommend the hotel as a place to stay right in the center of Prague.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Damarx
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stunning hotel and ideal centeral location, with helpful and very polite staff. Best meals we ate in Prague was at Hotel Rott, especially their 'Beef Ghoulish' was yummy. Thank-you Hotel Rott love from Amanda & Freddie, in Wales.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple