6 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$48
Hotels.comUS$59
TravelocityUS$59
1,632 results
All reviews city centre tram stop old town number tram public transport hotel bar hotel is located wi fi beautiful city czech republic charles bridge josef stalinist kaufland stops supermarket castle
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Arrived and was allocated a room on the ground floor which unfortunately had an overpowering smell of urine. Having returned to desk we were told that the hotel was full apart from a standard room on the eighth floor (I had booked a superior) and we were asked to look at it with a view to reallocation the following morning. The room was fine so we accepted on the understanding that it would be sorted the next morning. The following morning we were introduced to the reception manager who allocated us a suite because we had be inconvenienced, it was very comfortable. Breakfast was good with a good range of of food to suit all, the only problem was that we constantly had to wait for cups/saucers to make a drink. Transport links to and from the hotel were excellent, trams and buses very close. I would recommend anyone visiting this hotel to use the buses and metro to and from the airport, information is easy to obtain both in the airport and the hotel. If I visit Prague again I would be happy to stay at this hotel again as it is in a residential area with excellent restaurants nearby.

Room tip: Book a superior room and don't accept a room on the ground floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Michaela M, Director of Sales at Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear jeant335,

Thank you for taking the time to review INTERNATIONAL Prague for your recent family stay.

Hotel International Prague, built in 1950´s, is a Czech national landmark and today listed also as a state protected monument, so both exterior and interiors represent that times. Hotel is located in residential part of Prague, but city centre is very easily and conveniently reachable by public transportation, and especially Prague´s Castle is quite close to our hotel.

I apologize for the heavy smell in your room, we are actually aware about this problem and working on it, within next few days is special company invited to re-solve this issue for us – but I am happy to hear that my colleagues at Front Desk were able to help you and relocated you to one of our suites.

I also spologize for letting you wait for cups and saucers when having breakfast, we have just sorted this out today by delivering hundrets of new new cups and other breakfast equipment.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the entire team of Hotel International Prague and we do hope to welcome you back again.

Thank you for recommending our property and on behalf of our associates we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Wish you all the best.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We came in this hôtel 2 times, and the comments are the same :
Breakfast is good (various)
Room is ok
But There is a real pbl with one of the men of the staff (reception). Not pleasant at all, and no discussion possible with him (although we had written confirmation, our request for extra bed wasn't take into account and hé just told us "the hotel is full then it is not my problem "). Not a very good answer for a man who is in charge to welcome the customers

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Corinne S

Dear Corinne S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for letting us know how you feel after your second visit and thank you also for positive word about the breakfast.

. In regards of the service level - I am really sorry you have felt this experience while staying with us. This is absolutely not the service we strive to provide here at International Hotel. Your comments were shared with our Reception Desk team for them to understand that you saw the situation as unexaptable. Please accept my apology about this your experience.

I hope that you will take the opportunity to come back and visit us again to see improvements.
Enjoy the rest of the summer

Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is one of those properties you feel they could do so much more this.

First of all the building itself is quite imposing. Its about 20 minutes' tram ride from the old town centre.

Check in for us was quick and the front office staff was very courteous. Everything about the property was grand, just that it could be maintained a lot better. It did not feel like a happy place to be in. The rooms were large and so were the bathrooms, but there was a strange smell about. Sleep quality could be made a lot better.

One does not have much to complain about though, specially keeping in mind the price.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Michaela M, Director of Sales at Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear RG-of-India,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Hotel INTERNATIONAL for your Prague visit as well as for all your comments, we really appreciated them. Hotel is located in a residential area of Prague 6, but still not far from the city centre by well organised public transportation.

I apologize for the strange smell in your bathroom, we are actually aware about this problem and working on it, within next few days is special company invited to re-solve this issue for us.

Knowing you enjoyed your overall stay I hope we will be allowed to welcome you back to Prague and Hotel INTERNATIONAL and in the mean time we wish you wonderful summer.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I chose this hotel for one night in July as I always wanted to see the interior of this famous buliding. The interiors are amazing, architectional "jewel". We stayed with a baby in a double room. The hotel leading to the garden was very quiet, clean, spacious, well equipped with a comfortable bed. We enjoyed also our diner in the garden. The food was delicious and our daughter could play on the new playground. It was a relaxing evening. Later we sipped coctails in the bar. The bartender was a magician of beverages and a very nice person in one. We also liked breakfast with wide variety of food. Advantages of this hotel are: ZOO within (a little longer) walking distance, city center reacheble in 15 min by tram, which stops just in front of the hotel, a train stop 5 in walk from the hotel and a supermarket open 7 days a week behind the hotel. I definetely recommend this hotel to any kind of travellers.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michaela M, Director of Sales at Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear EvitaPrague,

Thank you very much to find a time to share your experiences with our hotel INTERNATIONAL Prague. I am always happy to hear that our employees are professional and friendly and I will share your positive words regarding our services with our team members, especially with our magician at the Bar 

Hotel International, built in 1950´s, is a Czech national landmark and today listed also as a state protected monument – if you wish to get more details about history of the building and hotel as well, please kindly contact me at e-mail sales@internationalprague.cz and it will be my pleasure to send you more detailed information. Actually next year, in 2017, we will celebrate 60th anniversary of the opening of our hotel.

Happy to hear you enjoyed food at our brand new a-la-carte Symphonia and your positive comments will be shared with our Chef.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I had a single room on the 7th floor overlooking the rear of the hotel. The room was a good size, well furnished, with a very comfortable single bed and there was a good size bathroom, wifi (+cable connection) and coffee making facilities.
What impressed me most was how impressive the building was both externally and internally. Internally it was spacious and oozed a classic richness that was matched with the quality, helpfulness and professionalism of the hotel. staff.
The hotel is in a quiet location and reasonably close to the centre of Prague and parks, and about a 15 minute walk to Dejvicka metro station (10 minutes to the centre of Prague with a stop close to Prague castle). it is also well located for the airport and for those driving to Prague.
I think it deserves a 5 out of 5 but as I only stayed overnight and did not try out the restaurant and all facilities I only gave it 4, I plan to return with my wife later in the year for a longer stay to fully enjoy all that the hotel has to offer as I think it is an amazing building.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear JarrahUK,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Hotel INTERNATIONAL for your Prague visit.

What a fantastic review, thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers here on TripAdvisor. I am always happy to hear that our employees are professional and friendly. I will share your positive words regarding our services, cleanliness of the room and positive comments with our members of staff.

Thank you for recommending our property and on behalf of our associates we will be looking forward to your next visit and in the mean time we wish you all the best. .