“Hotel Archibald Prague”

Ranked #46 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Hotel Archibald Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here about ten years ago and found this a great hotel - which is why I returned here when visiting Prague again. The patio garden bar area at the rear of the building now seems no longer there which is a pity, but has not detracted from the overall experience. Situated in a perfect location. Nice antique style rooms, much better than faceless mainstream hotels. Very pleasant helpful staff, and excellent comprehensive breakfast with convenient timings. Highly recommended - I'd be more than happy to stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Guests,
I would like to Thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel and your positive feedback you shared with us. I really appreciate your recommendation and it´s a pleasure for me to read that you came back after ten years and you were satisfied with your choice, thanks a lot.

With sincerely regards from Prague,
Petra Sudlikova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

What a fantastic hotel! I stayed in Prague for 3 days with 2 friends and this is exactly what we needed! Where to start? Amazing location, literally under the bridge on the west side as they say. Prague is pretty small and pedestrian-friendly so we were able to visit EVERYTHING by foot from this hotel. Cozy, nice and clean room/bathroom. Delicious free breakfast with wide selection of food. Good Internet access through wi-fi as well as 2 computers in the lobby (they were fast and always available for some reason)! Enchanting neighborhood (great photos if you're into that). Again, central, but very pleasantly quiet. Relatively cheap considering all the highlights. Good service, with especially warm and appreciated help from Ondrej, who literally ran up the stairs and took our luggages when he heard us coming with all the noise and commotion the day we left...!

I would go back to this hotel without hesitation if I return to Prague!!!

(Of note, I posted the same review on the hotel's own website.)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Enhw
Dear Guest,
on behalf of Archibald hotel staff I would like to Thank you very much for both your lovely comments which was written here and our web site as well - I really appreciate it and I am truly happy that you and your friends spent a pleasant time in Prague and that you enjoyed it, we´ll
be glad to welcome you back in future!

Best regards to Ottawa,
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

i can not speak highly enough of this wonderful place ! the location is central + cozy, the scenario magical . the hotel itself just beautiful, clean, tastefully designed + so comfortable. the staff is friendly + helpful in every situation !! they even gave us a lovely welcome present .thank you soo much !!! the breakfast is delicious, with lots of different choices. in short i can not wait to come back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Guests,
thank you very, very much for this lovely feedback from your recent stay with us. I really appreciate that you choose our hotel for such a special occasion and I am happy that you enjoyed it and of course we will be glad to welcome you back in future for little bit longer time because I am sure that there are many interesting and nice places to see here, in Prague...

Best regards to New York city,
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel white away for work. I loved the location - very central and convenient. Just off the bridge too so not crowded at all. Loved that. The hotel is beautiful and really well kept with attention to details. What i was really unhappy about is that --as all places in prague-- this hotel was for smokers and not smokers. This meant that at the reception and the cafe, people were smoking. Also, rooms are for smokers and non-smokers and smoke would get into the air con and it would smell of smoke even in non smoking rooms. Really annoying. If the hotel is to charge as much as they do, I think they need to work a bit on their breakfast especially in adding to it fresh juices, fresh coffee and latte or espresso and some more greater variety of fruits and muesli. Just a though.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Shaun M
Dear Guest,
first of all I would like to Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your feedback as well.
Comments from our guests are very important for our future work and next improvements.
I am so sorry that you had problems with smoke - all our rooms (except one) are non-smoking, but unfortunately not all guests respect this fact, in any case we´ll try to make sure that it does not happen again. Within a few weeks we will complete the passage to the restaurant including separating door which should eliminate this problem as well. Thank you also for your impression from breakfast, we will be working on it...
I am happy that despite these issues you were satisfied with hotel and location and I hope that you enjoyed your stay in Prague.

Best regards to London,
northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

When it comes to hotels i am very particular, after weeks of trailing through reviews on hotels i am delighted we went with the Archibald Hotel. It is the perfect location to stay while visiting Prague, you are positioned right at the Charles Bridge which leads you into lovely cobbled streets in which you will discover lovely little quaint shops, restaurants and bars (local beer is very cheap) and nice. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very spacious with huge beds, and the rooms have a quaint feeling within them. At no time did I ever feel cold in the hotel as we visited in february which was very cold outside the heating was always on. The hotel is located in a courtyard which is nice and quiet all day and night. The breakfast at the hotel was fantastic they had a varied choice yoghurts, fruit, eggs, sausages, bacon and pastries. The hotel is located right at the river and the views over the city from this hotel are quite amazing.

If visiting Prague book this hotel you will not be disappointed!!!!!

Room Tip: A river view room