“Very good beds, Very Friendly and helpful staff, and nice pool”
Review of Hilton Prague

Hilton Prague
Ranked #132 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
“Very good beds, Very Friendly and helpful staff, and nice pool”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

we stayed here for a period of 5 nights including NYE. at that time the hotel had a big (long) party, which continued up and until about 4 o clock. and having our room facing the inner area that was a bit nasty as the echo was quite strong(in wanting to go to bed at 3am) but then again its all in the game for an nye celebration.(and learned for next time to check what the hotel is up to that you are staying) Apart form that fact, staff was quite friendly, beds where quite good. Also the pool and sauna facilities where very good (used it daily) finally the view from the sky lounge bar is amazing. all and all definitely a good place to stay when in prague (and close to the metro/tram about 3mins walk) and a good 20 mins walk from town-square.

Room Tip: get a room facing the outside/street
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
sandra_ponce, Manager on Duty at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Madam/Sir

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of our property. We are so glad you chose our hotel for your stay in Prague and hope overall you enjoyed yourself.

I will be sharing this review with our respective departments so we can address your concerns and challenges regarding our Sky Bar.

Thank you again for your review; we hope to see you back at the Hilton Prague Hotel soon.

All the best,
Manager on Duty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Hands down this hotel runs a lounge that I would say is worth paying for. The hotel location is in walking distance to the old town and it about a 15-20 min walk to the city center square. It is important to note that Hilton has two hotels in Prague; the Hilton Prague Old Town and the Hilton Prague. The Hilton Prague Old Town might have a little better location, but I much prefer and would recommend the Hilton Prague. The Old Town Hilton is a smaller hotel that is very nice and has an ok lounge.

The VIP recognition at the Hilton Prague is good, they are wonderful at upgrading and treating HH VIPs very well. I have been to this hotel over 5 times now going back 6 years. Unlike other hotels I have noticed very little if any cut backs.

This time I was upgraded to an Executive suite when. This suite was basically two connection rooms; one a bedroom and the other a living room. The bedroom had a full bath with shower and tub, the living room bathroom had only a shower. The room was very clean and well appointed. They stocked both bathrooms with larger then normal Peter Thomas Roth amenities.

The Executive lounge is fantastic, Breakfast is large and very good. This lounge it like a small restaurant with a kitchen. You can order off a menu and get items made to order. The french toast is amazing! The “small” bar opens right after breakfast, a line of help your self bottles line the shelf. There are small sandwiches and a big selection of cakes and sweets mid-day. There is afternoon tea with even more cakes and goodies. Beer, Wine and soft drinks are stocked all day, along with pistachios, gummy bears, potato chips and other nuts. Around 5pm the Bar grows over doubling the number of bottles out, and at 6pm 2 hot items were added. Unlike most other lounges when all the good stuff gets locked up after 8 or 830. The Hilton Prague keeps out the large self service bar, and even have a cheese service late at night, with a selection of fine cheese, grapes and nuts. To make this even better there is staff there to provide table service all day long, they are also very nice to chat with. It got to the point when I looked at my friend who I was traveling with and said, this is crazy! It was shocking how things kept coming out, food was restocked over and over, drinks were flowing, and it was just an awesome experience. I walked up to the bottles of booze and just could not pick, then Hiromi (sp?) the girl working in the lounge walked up to me and offered to help; she was very nice and cool. I told her I did not know what I should drink, she then offered to give me a “local” plum shoot from the back.. She came out to the table with a frosted bottle of this stuff and gave us a nice size shooter. Yummy stuff. People like Hiromi make this lounge one of the best, she was just so helpful and nice!

Thanks to the staff at the Hilton Prague for just one more wonderful stay! I will be back to your hotel, and the very cool city of Prague as soon as I can!!!!

Room Tip: Get and room that will get you access to the Ex lounge.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank dcl80
sandra_ponce, Manager on Duty at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Madam/Sir

Thank you very much for sharing your Hilton Prague experience on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had the quintessential Hilton Prague experience. Our team is devoted to making all of our guests feel like this is their home away from home. Providing warmth and hospitality is what our founder, Conrad Hilton built his hotel empire on, so we feel extremely proud knowing that his legacy lives on within all of us.

I certainly hope we have the chance of hosting you again in the near future.

All the best,

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I stayed 2 nites at Hilton in Prague and this was my second stay and it was excellent. It was quiet this time but the service is excellent as is the food offerints for room service as well as the Bistro Restaurant. The facility also has an excellent gym and pool and a small Casino. It is about a USD 55.00 cab ride with tip and not far from the Prague Square (cab needed). No probems with internet access and if you are Hilton Honors Gold they have a great 8th Floor Executive Lounge open for breakfast through 11:00pm. I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Madam/Sir

Thank you very much for your review. It is great to venture out from the norm sometimes and it sounds like you were very satisfied with your choice of staying at our property. You are absolutely right about the conveniences that our hotel provides. Everything from the Executive Lounge to our 24-hour-room-service, our hotel has every intention of meeting your needs.

We thank you again for sharing your experience and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Over all our stay was good at the Prague Hilton. After getting off to a slow start, we were given a room with twin beds which we asked to be changed immediately. That took some time to accomplish, but after that we were settled in comfortably. The room was a bit of a hike from the elevators, as was trying to get ice for the room. There was one small ice machine per floor and again, it was a hike. They do not provide you with an ice bucket so I had to improvise with whatever I could figure out. The food was good as was the service. We used the buffet, cocktail bar, room service and had lunch there and we enjoyed it all. Room service really bent over backwards to please each time we ordered even if it was an out of the ordinary request. If you are interested in fine wines, aged liquors or expensive cigars be sure to visit their spirits store, it is really a cut above any place I have ever visited. It is even just interesting to browse, I had no idea there were that many high end Scotch selections. My biggest regret during my stay is that I had not brought a bathing suit with me. Their indoor pool was beautiful. They also offer Spa services. They do sell a very limited size range of bathing suits, but again, very limited. Find room in your suitcase to bring a bathing suit, it is so worth it. The cab's that service the Hilton are great and I never worried about being taken advantage of.

Room Tip: We had an interior room over looking the atrium and it was quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dalibor_Senkypl, Manager on Duty at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Prague Hotel as your “home” when travelling to Prague and taking your time to post your comments and feelings from your stay.

It was a pleasure for me to note, that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with our facilities and provided service.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the wrong room type given during the check-in. Furthermore I would like to assure you, that it is our standard to provide crucibles at each ice-machine if there is no an ice-bucket in the room.

I would like to once again thank you for your comments and I am looking forward to welcome you back in our property in the near future.

With best wishes from Prague,

Dalibor Senkypl
Singapore
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Hilton properties can vary quite a bit so one never knows what to expect. This one is quite good by Hilton standards (there are some rubbish ones out there). It seems to have been well-maintained, and although the rooms have a slight dormitory feel with cheapish furnishings and old TVs, everything worked so I can't complain. The gym used to be one of the best in Prague, did not use it on this visit. It is a bit of a walk to everything, but if you don't mind that, then this is a good option.

There are many nicer hotels in Prague, but depending on availability and rates this may be a good choice if you want something clean and decent.

It does have a slight whiff of communism in the air, a few of the staff have the appearance of villains from a James Bond film but they are efficient and polite.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Madam/Sir,

thank you very much for taking your time to post a comment of your stay at the Hilton Prague Hotel.

I was happy to read, that you remained satisfied with our services and hotel facilities and that you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit of the beautiful city of Prague.

Nevertheless I would like to mention, that during this year, all the old TVs in our guest rooms will be replaced by new ones to make the stay more enjoyable and comfortable for all our guests.

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely yours,