See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2016

No doubt the Ungelt is old fashioned, and I would imagine in the Summer very noisy at night, being as it is right opposite a club, but for a weekend in October it was very good. Clean, spacious, nice staff. But fancy it ain't, but it gave us just what we were looking for.

Room Tip: If it's possible to get a room facing the courtyard rather than the street, go for it
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2016

It was June 2016 and 3 ladies ranging from 43-75 stayed at this hotel. We booked a 2 room apartment and the first thing we noticed was that 1. there was no AC (not announced on their website) and 2. there was only 1 standing fan for the 2 room apartment. We requested an additional fan as soon as we got there; not only did we not get one; no one from the hotel came back to us to tell us we would not get one.

The big issue is that the window units face very loud bars and people are out drinking on the streets until 6 AM. Since there are no ACs, everyone is forced to sleep with open windows. I think that even with an AC and double windows, it would still be very noisy and would not allow for a restful night. After the first night, we went to request a room change due to the noise but the lady at the front desk looked at me as if she didn't know what we were talking about; she said she would check with her manager but she never got back to us. On the second sleepless night, we requested to be changed to an apartment in the back and would not take no for an answer so they made it happen.

The hotel is very dated but the prices go hand in hand with it so no problem there.

I assume things are different but based on our summer experience, I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank realprincessleia
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Was on second floor in room on outside of building and street below was very loud. Also because my room had no air conditioning i had to have the windows open to keep the room cool. Room was clean and bathroom/WC room were modern and clean.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Great hotel in a brilliant location! Huge rooms. Bit dated but clean comfortable and great for a stag do.

Location was just a few minutes walk away.

Been there twice now so if I go again I will be staying at Ungelt again.

Ungelt ungelt ungelt!!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We originally planned to stay 2 nights and had booked a suite of 2 rooms, which fit our family well. When we extended our stay, arriving a day early, we were given a 3 bedroom suite (at the same price) for that additional night. That suite was incredible, though we couldn't take full advantage of it, as we moved the next day.

Our originally booked room was very nice, with a double bed, sitting area with TV in one room, and twin bed in the second room for our children. It suited our needs very well. We also REALLY appreciated the stall shower - after 10 days in the country, we finally could stand up and have a decent shower!

The downsides were the proximity to a (very) noisy pub which woke us up periodically - we had to keep the windows open to get some fresh air, but this made our rooms quite noisy. And the need to walk through an alley and around the corner to a poorly lit entrance at night was at times disconcerting, though we didn't feel unsafe.

I did like the location, just minutes off the old city square - we never needed public transportation to get where we needed to go.

I don't think I would return to the hotel, though another hotel in that neighborhood would definitely be desirable.

Room Tip: Try not to face the street- very noisy pub
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family