“You will fall in love with this beautiful place”
Review of U Cerveneho Lva

U Cerveneho Lva
Ranked #859 of 5,988 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hradčany & Letná
Reviewed 28 December 2015

The restaurant located in the heart of Nerudova street is a gem of a place to have romantic dinner. I recently traveled to Prague and on my first day I was roaming around the place where I stayed and discovered this place and with lot of doubts got into the restaurant and could see very few people in it, so took a corner chair and sat along with my wife but after that what happened was really worth mention here, the food was really tasty and once your lips taste these beers it will ask for more and more and staffs were so humble and courteous I can't praise them more. Inside you will see beautiful paintings as well. We really had a great dinner in here with a very affordable price.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

Visited with my wife after we had walked from the centre of Prague to Prague Castle - this restaurant was at the top of a cobbled street on the way back down - quaint, local food, appeared to be family run - excellent service and very pleasant décor - would have gone back again if time had allowed.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

The restaurant is really lovely located in Nerudova street in Malá Strana towards the Prague Castle. The place is very lovely with traditional Czech cuisine and history. Food was good but not excellent. Typical touristic place with nice service as well.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

What I discovered is that a lot of restaurants that don't open until late in Prague. We stumbles upon this place looking to a restaurant that would offer local cuisine. We were happily welcomed. Though small inside, it is very intimate. The dinner was equally delicious as was the very accommodating service.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

The restaurant looks quite old fashioned from the outside, and plays classical music including opera. The music suits the atmosphere, which is calm, classic and we didn't feel that it was particularly touristy at all.

We were offered a tasting menu which was made up of 5 delicious courses, each served with suitable wines. Each dish was really very well prepared, presented and very good and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening, experience and meal. I have to say that none of the courses were particularly traditional Czech food (no dumplings!), but just good quality European food.

We went back during the day a few days later, to have a quick meal before going back to the airport. We both had beef stroganoff, which once again was very tasty. Not overpriced, but not cheap either.