“Too expensive by far”

Ranked #1,698 of 5,760 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I'll cut to the chase here and advise that I don't think it appropriate for a restaurant that serves pizza, even in a pleasant outdoor setting, to charge like it is providing 5 star dining simply because it is situated within the old city limits of Prague; but that is exactly what LaScala does; and I for one don't appreciate it.
The two waiters who greeted us the evening we dined there treated the arrival of our party of 7 with barely disguised disdain; they took far too long after seating us to organise and deliver drinks; in fact after our arrival I watched those same two waiters standing by idly for at least a couple of minutes, rather than think that delivering the drinks menu promptly may be the next thing to do.
If it had just been myself or I'd been with one other, I would have decided at this point that I/we had made the wrong choice of restaurant and simply decamped, but anyone who has travelled in a party of seven, including several children, know that this is a big decision/operation; and there is always the 'hope' that things will improve.
Well they didn't to any marked degree. It was a restaurant that obviously traded on pizza, so I ordered one for my main. It was such a forgettable pizza that I cannot even remember the filling range, but it's one feature I do remember was the lack of generosity of filing. It reminded me of the sort of pizza one gets at a place where they sell pizza at loss-leader prices and then attempt to mitigate their loss by applying minimal filings.
One of our party had the roast knuckle dish. It looked more impressive, and the top part of the meat tasted very good. Somehow though there was a failure in the cooking in that the underside of the boned meat was 'sludgy' in both appearance and taste. Not a technical term I know, but I'm sure any reader will understand what I am trying to describe here.
The ambience of sitting outside and eating on a warm Prague summer evening is great, but the other features of our dining experience, especially the quantum of the bill for what we had, were all negatives. I could not provide any recommendation to eat here.

1  Thank livelong_bycycling

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

They won.t serve you unless you eat there. We just sat there for abou 20 minutes and then one of the waiters asked us if we are going to eat or drink and when he heard that we just wanted coffee he looked at us as we had leprosy and told us to leave. Good job keeping clients coming over. :)

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely terrible service, the staff are unhelpful, we waited 20 minutes to take our order and a further 45 minutes for the food. Although nice I highly advise to go somewhere else. There are to many nice restaurants in Prague to waste you time here

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I was taken here by my friends as a treat in Prague. The menu took some time to come to the table and we very nearly left whilst waiting.Wine was good but not chilled. Tap water requested but not available. Food arrived but on cold plates and it wasn't piping hot so I presumed it had been sitting around in the kitchen. Then waited for waiter to bring cutlery. My host was so disappointed with his food but felt he couldn't complain and spoil the atmosphere at the table.The Waiter was polite enough but not too welcoming.i would not eat here again as there a many more places to choose.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We had a meal for three people,the food was stone cold ,the goulash consisted of four tough small pieces of tin type meat with four moth eaten dumpligs and lots of
brown tastless sauce.The resemblance to hungarian or czech goulash was very distant indeed.
The price 305 Kc is laughable for such a canteen type dish.
The pasta was also stone cold.
The wine was not chilled reasonable but greatly overprized.
The Tyn cathedral only attraction.
Overall shameful.