“Expensive!”

Ranked #960 of 5,706 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Israeli
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: DINITZ Kosher Hospitality operates the first & only Kosher Restaurant in Prague fully approved and constantly supervised by the Chief Rabbinate of Czech Republic, Dinitz has been setting the standards and leading Prague Kosher scenery for several years. It's the most popular kosher restaurant in Prague among local Jews & even Non-Jewish guests not without reason - with an excellent value for money ratio - allowing all guests to enjoy excellent Kosher food in Prague & a unique culinary experience.
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Ok we don't need to eat Kosher but thought let's try here
Well it was very expensive for a plate of chips a tired salad and 3 pieces of falafel , and not a particularly nice atmosphere !
Feel sorry for people who have to eat Kosher and pay double the price for the privilege !

Reviewed 28 September 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a nice Shabbat meal here our last night in Prague, after attending services at the Spanish synagogue.

One must make advance reservations and prepay before Shabbat

I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a nice casual and friendly atmosphere, with people walking in at all times and being seated. Friendly staff. Each table had kosher wine, mini challot and benchers to make kiddish, and there was a washing area.

Food was tasty and plentiful. I especially loved the small plates of salads/appetizers, just like in Israel.

my only question was there seemed to be two types of chicken served that night, but when we made our orders online, there didn't seem to be a way to request something specific...maybe you have to do that in person.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I visited Prague 6 years ago with a group and dined at Dinitz twice. Back then food and service was truly superior, and I could tell the staff had such pride in their work! We even had a catered kosher Thanksgiving dinner. The staff were proud to tell us how they were a part of the Jewish rebirth of Prague.

6 years later, it seems like a shadow of its former self. Maybe I came at an off-day, but when I arrived at 11:45am Friday I was the only customer. 2 of the waiters were loudly arguing. It was a rainy day but the place had no soup, which I wanted to order.

My hummus was above average in terms of flavor and texture, but nothing special. It was supposed to have zaatar but did not come with it. Bread was fresh though. I thought the meal needed more attention.

I know kosher food is expensive, but $9 for just one plate of hummus is too much! Especially when there's no ambiance or attention to detail here. Terrible value.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Popped in for a late lunch but the restaurant was still busy and more customers were coming in all the time.

The staff were pleasant enough but the restaurant didn't have much of an atmosphere. Could have been a little tidier and cleaner.

I ordered the steak sandwich which was tasty but not satisfying as it was a lot of baguette with not so much steak - if they had just put in a little more meat it would have been very good.

I thought the menu offered a lot of choice and despite my one experience I would have given it a second chance if I had had the time to go back again.

For a kosher restaurant I thought the price was just about fair.

1  Thank BluebelleLondon
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had friday night and Shabbat lunch at this Restaurant. I booked by phone and the Manager (Gaby) was very friendly and helpful. All Service staff also very friendly. Meals were good and plentyful. Nice Shabbat atmosphere. Good hechsher of community broadly accepted. Can recommend this and would return.