Pension Corto
US$145
US$102
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Art Deco Hotel Imperial(Prague)
US$177
US$118
US$127
US$72
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfirst floorno liftold town squareminute walkperfect locationcentre
Reviewed 7 November 2014

Calm and silent base at very reasonable prices in the busy center of Praha with excellent location for shopping or partying. Helpful and serviceminded crew. Good breakfast plates at the connected restaurant, though the beer prices are rather stiff there. One more breakfast plate could perhaps also do for some, but didnt ask if one more was on the bill... Good plates and super coffee.
The long room 2 had space for 3 persons and was quite comfortable for one. Clean enough everywhere, but old fashion keys of the kind that makes some travellers paranoid. However the gate to the hotel are well guarded as one have to pass through the outdoor restaurant. No problem.
Good internet connection and local phone in the hall of the room. Windows that can be opened. Backyard view for several rooms, all I believe, but that also brings calmness and its just to walk down the stairs to get views... Friendly and professional staff, waiters and crew. When I have found a place like this I dont have to look around next time. Recommened.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Jolana K, Manažer at Pension Corto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your feedback.We are looking forward to our next stay!For booking
of your next trip please contact us directly at pension@corto.cz.We will do our best!

Regard

Reviewed 11 October 2014

This is a nice place, very central, the rooms are nice, and the service is rather good, but... You cannot rent rooms on a fifth floor on an old building without elevator. After surfing your website carefully, indeed, in small letters there is a warning, but still, that is not enough. It is highly disturbing to have to cope with such a thing. When the lady told me I had to climb 5 floors I nearly died. And when I did climb it (imagine the stairs of a 1900s building!) I probably died for real and came to life... No way, dear Corto Pension that this kind of offer should be in your portefolio. I strongly advise people to stay away, unless they are training for the marathon in Rio 2016.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 5th floor!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Jolana K, Manager at Pension Corto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Dear guest,

I am really sorry for your spoiled stay.Our rooms are situated in 2 buildings and we have also nice
rooms on the first floor with nice view.For your next stay I can recommend to book these rooms.
Anyway we also plan to build a lift so the attic rooms will be easily accessible.

Reviewed 24 September 2014

This is a nice pension located in the heart of historic Prague. Right outside is the bustling local market place, with vendors offering items for tourists, as well as fresh fruit & vegetables, bread etc. Just a block west is Wenchlas Square. The marvelous Old City Hall & square is 3 blocks north.
The staff is very friendly & helpful. The free breakfast is in the restaurant adjacent, with generous portions, & variety to please those who eat healthy or hearty. The room was comfortable & secure.
P.S. The Pension is named for Corto Maltese, an adventurous graphic novel character.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jolana K, Manager at Pension Corto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Dear Mr.Greg,

thank you very much for your nice feedback.We are delighted.

Thanks

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location right near the center of Prague, right near some amazing bars and most of Prague's tourist locations. Excellent prices, free WiFi and breakfast, excellent hotel for a stag party!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Jolana K, Manažer at Pension Corto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice feedback.I am delighted.In case that you will organize
the stag party and would like to be accommodate with us please contact me directly at
jolana.kraftova@corto.cz.I will do my best.

Thank you and I hope to see you again!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

enjoyed the stay. good accommodation and service. Free welcome drink and 20% discount in sister restaurant a nice touch. fantastic location in the centre of prague. Our attic room was great and as expected there where 5 flights of stairs to get to the room, so not for the in fit, not all rooms are so high up.

• Stayed: July 2014
Jolana K, Manažer at Pension Corto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Mr.Peter,

thank you very much for your feedback.We are happy that you were satisfied with our service.