“Fully enjoyed this restaurant”
Review of U Tri jelinku

U Tri jelinku
Ranked #560 of 5,787 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Neighbourhood: Hradčany & Letná
Description: U Tri Jelinku is a restaurant in the historical cantre of Prague with a friendly atmosphere and great food. The meat for the meals is carefully and exclusively selected from Czech farms. We offer both traditional Czech dishes and specialties of our company chief. Stop in our restaurant on the way to Prague Castle. We welcome you.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

So the first day exploring Prague, we walked past this restaurant and read the menu on the door. I enjoy hunting and fishing back home so alot of the menu peaked my interest. We had to come walk back to have dinner. I wish I could've tried more off the menu. Deer goulash, roast rabbit leg, chicken hearts to give a few examples. If you fancy these types of meats this is a restaurant I recommend trying when in Prague.

Viktorie Š, Manažer komunikace s hosty at U Tri jelinku, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you very much for your visit, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

What could have been a cosy, genuine little place is ruined by poor music selection and unwelcoming staff. We had a cheese plate for starter and pastas for mains. Food was mediocre, at best. Wine selection red/white was extremely poor; it was literally one or the other. We had the recommended red. It was OK-ish. Staff were not particulary friendly, seemed almost bothered by customers stopping by, even though the place was less than half-full. Loud 90s/2000s hits grinding holes in our ears. A lot of potential gone to waste here; had the staff been welcoming, the music more fitting and the food & wine more inspired this place would have been a winner. But no.

Thank you for your visit. We have quite a good choice of vine by bottle. Vine by glass is red and two types of white. Both Czech and middle class wine. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your visit that much. We still hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The goulash in a bread bowl was just terrific, and with a plate of cheese provided a feast for two. So often you get tourist traps so close to big attractions but this little gem seved good food at extremely reasonable prices. A delight.

Thank you for your visit, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

With traditional dishes on the menu and yet interestingly modernised.
The deco is modern and very cosy. A nice little restaurant run by young women who I think (I hope I'm not wrong here) are passionate about food and their little restaurant.
We had burger-great, salmon-great, rabbit-good mix with the sauce and red cabbage. It's not easy to have a not dry rabbit meat... this one was almost perfect. A little bit dry maybe but still delicious.
I'd recommend it strongly. It didn't have that typical tourist place atmosphere and that's what I liked about it.
Prices were also reasonable for Prag and the area.
Enjoy!

Viktorie Š, Manažer komunikace s hosty at U Tri jelinku, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you, we will be glad to welcome you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I spent a great moment there, really enjoy the little terrasse in this quiet and charming street.
The service was perfect, the grilled vegetable awesome and pork knuckle very tender. Red wine by the glass is by far the best I've tried in town as well (trust my French taste for that ;)
Very good experience overall, recommend it without hesitation.

Thank you for your visit, we will be glad to welcome you again!