“Very inflexible on cancellation policy ”

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
Ranked #157 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I am very disappointed in the Sheraton's unwillingness to work with me on changing my reservation date. As a Platinum SPG member, I was unable to get refunded for a cancelled reservation - even escalated through ambassador service. First time in my career I have mixed up a reservation date and while it was not the fault of the hotels, I am very surprised that the hotel was unable to work with me on changing the date without penalty.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
adiepoldova, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Chmietay,

Thank you for your review.
In each Sheraton Hotels there is a cancellation policy fee. If you would cancel your reservation 2-3 prior to your arrival, then yes, we would be able to refund your stay. You contacted us on the day of your arrival that you want to postpone your arrival by one day. It escalated to ambassador service, which has advised us to keep your reservation. Later on you wanted to cancel the whole reservation and we have even offered you an alternative cancellation fee which you have refused.

Yours Sincerely,
Adela Diepoldova

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Everyone spoke very good English. The desk people were very friendly, along with the concierge and bell man. Rooms were very clean. The location is actually very good. A block or so walk to the subway to buy a 24 hr pass good on ALL forms of transportation. Lots a small places to eat in the vicinity.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank dedemimi3
adiepoldova, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear dedemimi3,

Thank you for taking your time to share your kind words regarding your stay at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.
I am very pleased to see that we have created such memorable stay for you. I am happy that you have found the location of our hotel convenient and the hotel staff friendly.

Thank you for being our guest! I hope I will welcome you back again whenever your future travels will bring you to Prague.

Warm Regards,
Adela Diepoldova

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I traveled with a friend to Prague for a weekend getaway and chose The Sheraton hotel mainly because I am a platinum member with SPG and was able to redeem points for our stay.
The hotel is beautiful, located within walking distance (15-20 minutes) from the main shopping street in Prague and the Old Town Square. The Dancing House and the Vltava River are only 10 min away. The staff was very friendly and professional, we hired a round-trip car service from the airport and were very pleased with the service.
We had a junior suite with a view of the interior court (nothing to see), however we didn't spend much time in the room and were ok with it. The bathroom looked brand new, the furniture in the room was good and the bed very very comfortable. Breakfast had a good selection and was plentiful.
Overall we had a great stay and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jürgen S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear MarNIndy,

We truly appreciate you were taking the time to provide us such a valuable feedback about your recent experience at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future.

With best regards from the Golden city.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

As a platinum member with my wife, we were very impressed with this property!! We arrived early(before 1pm)from our Delta flight from the US, and we were given an early check in by Monika. In addition, she upgraded us to a balcony suite room(709) that had a rooftop phenomenal view of the castle and other historical buildings. Other perks included were the club room, complete with sandwiches, desserts, and beer/sodas available all day till 11pm. Between 6-8pm, managers reception complete with great food and cheeses, paired with amazing wines were part of the platinum experience. We were lucky to have Basem as our very helpful butler in that wonderful reception. Our encounter with him was so awesome that we returned to catch some more beers and wines before the 11pm closing.

We originally intended to stay for only one night; however, the first night stay was so amazing that we booked for a second evening. Both Ghalib and Lucia were very helpful in trying to get us the same suite balcony room. They both gave us insights on the high summer demands for hotels in Prague, and convinced us to rebook for the second evening sooner rather than later. It was extremely helpful because we got the last room(apparently Prague is very busy in the summer).

As a side note, this hotel also has a phenomenal roof top bar, complete with castle views and amazing sunsets. The breakfast is also a nice perk for loyal SPG guests.

Overall a first class experience for our first time in Prague.
Thank you to the entire Sheraton staff. Please keep up the good work. We shall return!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 August 2017

Dear Browneyrice,

Thank you very much for your SPG Platinum membership and for your loyalty to our brands.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our friendly team did everything they could to ensure that you were comfortable, we really appreciate your kind words.
I will share your feedback with all of our staff.

With warmest regards from Prague,

Martin Elias

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Sheraton Prague scores in some areas and needs improvement in others. I find a consistency issue with SPG- Sheraton Brussels airport outstood in terms of service however this had a bit of issue.

I had actually booked a suite however I canceled it and booked a Club deluxe room. I wouldn't recommend this after a disappointing experience wuth the club room.

Good points: nice welcome note with a cake fortune anniversary, possibility to have a late check out by 3 hours , front desk was attentive, rooms were clean, service in the club room was good and feedback was immediately acted upon. the room had a nice balcony to have some fresh air, top floor, top floor 8 high had a very nic view overlooking the Castle, Pancakes in the breakfast

Bad points: many actually but they are all constructive

club deluxe rooom was not at all deluxe or club - there was no bathtub and sorry if I would book in a 3 star, would accept just a shower. the hotel was fully booked so there was no chance to change the room either. The front desk had a very lame
Excuse that few of the rooms do have it while some do not. There was hardly any space in the room.

The club lounge was a disappointment to say the least- it was like a cramped room with few seats, the room decor did not come any close to a four or five starred Hotel.

There was limited food available, during the evening apero-food was served within any veggie option. However onnfeebwck few veg sandwiches were provided, so kudos to service staff in Club room.

Overall i felt I was living in a standard room and paid price of club room. Felt shortcharged.

Sheraton need to get this one right especially for the price they ask.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Prashant B
Management response:Responded 2 August 2017

Dear Prashant B,
First we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel as your accommodation in Prague. I really appreciate your time to write us your feedback, and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our front desk service and as well as the view from your room. I see that you did not like the size of your room, however, the deluxe rooms are the most standard rooms, and the size of the rooms are generally smaller in Europe than other parts of the world. In our property most of the room categories have either shower or bathtub, and as I can see you prefers to have a bathtub rather than a stand in shower, which was unfortunately not available during your stay. However I will put this information into your profile, so in the future we can see your preferences, and select the room most suitable for you. Also I do understand that our club lounge is not as big as other Sheraton club lounges, and during full occupancy, the club lounge can fill up quiet quickly, and I do apologize for the inconvenience that may have affected you, but I’m glad our colleague from club lounge was able to satisfy your request for the vegetarian sandwiches. I do hope you enjoyed the sunny city, and we wish to welcome you back next time. If there is anything we could help you with, feel free to contact me at martin.elias@sheratonprague.com, and we will do our best to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,