“Great stay at The Sheraton for a weekend trip to Prague”

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
Ranked #144 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I traveled with a friend to Prague for a weekend getaway and chose The Sheraton hotel mainly because I am a platinum member with SPG and was able to redeem points for our stay.
The hotel is beautiful, located within walking distance (15-20 minutes) from the main shopping street in Prague and the Old Town Square. The Dancing House and the Vltava River are only 10 min away. The staff was very friendly and professional, we hired a round-trip car service from the airport and were very pleased with the service.
We had a junior suite with a view of the interior court (nothing to see), however we didn't spend much time in the room and were ok with it. The bathroom looked brand new, the furniture in the room was good and the bed very very comfortable. Breakfast had a good selection and was plentiful.
Overall we had a great stay and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jürgen S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear MarNIndy,

We truly appreciate you were taking the time to provide us such a valuable feedback about your recent experience at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future.

With best regards from the Golden city.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

As a platinum member with my wife, we were very impressed with this property!! We arrived early(before 1pm)from our Delta flight from the US, and we were given an early check in by Monika. In addition, she upgraded us to a balcony suite room(709) that had a rooftop phenomenal view of the castle and other historical buildings. Other perks included were the club room, complete with sandwiches, desserts, and beer/sodas available all day till 11pm. Between 6-8pm, managers reception complete with great food and cheeses, paired with amazing wines were part of the platinum experience. We were lucky to have Basem as our very helpful butler in that wonderful reception. Our encounter with him was so awesome that we returned to catch some more beers and wines before the 11pm closing.

We originally intended to stay for only one night; however, the first night stay was so amazing that we booked for a second evening. Both Ghalib and Lucia were very helpful in trying to get us the same suite balcony room. They both gave us insights on the high summer demands for hotels in Prague, and convinced us to rebook for the second evening sooner rather than later. It was extremely helpful because we got the last room(apparently Prague is very busy in the summer).

As a side note, this hotel also has a phenomenal roof top bar, complete with castle views and amazing sunsets. The breakfast is also a nice perk for loyal SPG guests.

Overall a first class experience for our first time in Prague.
Thank you to the entire Sheraton staff. Please keep up the good work. We shall return!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 August 2017

Dear Browneyrice,

Thank you very much for your SPG Platinum membership and for your loyalty to our brands.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our friendly team did everything they could to ensure that you were comfortable, we really appreciate your kind words.
I will share your feedback with all of our staff.

With warmest regards from Prague,

Martin Elias
Guest Relations Supervisor

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Sheraton Prague scores in some areas and needs improvement in others. I find a consistency issue with SPG- Sheraton Brussels airport outstood in terms of service however this had a bit of issue.

I had actually booked a suite however I canceled it and booked a Club deluxe room. I wouldn't recommend this after a disappointing experience wuth the club room.

Good points: nice welcome note with a cake fortune anniversary, possibility to have a late check out by 3 hours , front desk was attentive, rooms were clean, service in the club room was good and feedback was immediately acted upon. the room had a nice balcony to have some fresh air, top floor, top floor 8 high had a very nic view overlooking the Castle, Pancakes in the breakfast

Bad points: many actually but they are all constructive

club deluxe rooom was not at all deluxe or club - there was no bathtub and sorry if I would book in a 3 star, would accept just a shower. the hotel was fully booked so there was no chance to change the room either. The front desk had a very lame
Excuse that few of the rooms do have it while some do not. There was hardly any space in the room.

The club lounge was a disappointment to say the least- it was like a cramped room with few seats, the room decor did not come any close to a four or five starred Hotel.

There was limited food available, during the evening apero-food was served within any veggie option. However onnfeebwck few veg sandwiches were provided, so kudos to service staff in Club room.

Overall i felt I was living in a standard room and paid price of club room. Felt shortcharged.

Sheraton need to get this one right especially for the price they ask.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Prashant B
Management response:Responded 2 August 2017

Dear Prashant B,
First we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel as your accommodation in Prague. I really appreciate your time to write us your feedback, and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our front desk service and as well as the view from your room. I see that you did not like the size of your room, however, the deluxe rooms are the most standard rooms, and the size of the rooms are generally smaller in Europe than other parts of the world. In our property most of the room categories have either shower or bathtub, and as I can see you prefers to have a bathtub rather than a stand in shower, which was unfortunately not available during your stay. However I will put this information into your profile, so in the future we can see your preferences, and select the room most suitable for you. Also I do understand that our club lounge is not as big as other Sheraton club lounges, and during full occupancy, the club lounge can fill up quiet quickly, and I do apologize for the inconvenience that may have affected you, but I’m glad our colleague from club lounge was able to satisfy your request for the vegetarian sandwiches. I do hope you enjoyed the sunny city, and we wish to welcome you back next time. If there is anything we could help you with, feel free to contact me at martin.elias@sheratonprague.com, and we will do our best to welcome you again in the near future.

Martin

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Booked to stay here for 4 nights coz relatives from a different country are holidaying in Prague. They (spg members) booked this hotel earlier so we decided to stay at the same for convenience of meeting up. First impressions: infuriating wifi speed. Excruciatingly slow even as I write this in my room as the wifi signal on my iPhone hovers between 1-2 bars out of 3. Especially in my room #51x. Takes forever to load. Unexpected of a Sheraton, as good wifi speed is basic in any good hotel. (Had no issue with wifi in Qingdao Sheraton which was a definite 5 stars in all aspects, hence the unpleasant surprise in comparison). Informed the reception, she took note, I certainly hope the IT dept solve this by tomorrow.

Location: near metro stop & tram stops. If you want to be near old town attractions or the bustling shopping & restaurant/cafe scene nearby this is not where you would want to stay. You have to take public transport or walk 10-15 min downward towards Wenceslas Sq and another 10-15 min to the Old Town attractions. It's the walking up the slight slope towards the hotel from old town direction that you won't like after a tiring day walking about and exploring the lovely Prague City. You can find money changers next door, not a bad rate, an atm in the hotel lobby, and some mini markets & cafes within 3 mins walk surrounding the hotel.

Room: Slighty dated otherwise spacious room, with a handy ironing board in the wardrobe, a glass door fridge where it's possible to store your own drinks in a cool environment if you shift the original contents slightly to the side. Bathroom has a two sided cosmetic mirror, and space for ladies who need to put their stuff on the sink. Roomy too. Pillows are too soft. Bed is firm, comfortable. Air con works well. Water pressure great. No view, faces inner courtyard and other windows but it's quiet. Lack of a view doesn't bother me. Room is not great but good.

Staff: helpful & efficient concierge, replies to emails promptly, booked a return transfer for CZK 1500. Friendly & helpful driver greeted us at the airport pick-up and got us to the hotel. Hassle free, great! Reliable & convenient service so far. All other staff we met, including housekeeping & bell boys greet you with a smile. Reception-wise, the lady working in the evening was more approachable & friendly than the guys in the morning.

Breakfast: to be continued, haven't tried out yet.

Conclusion: wifi is at the moment the weakest link. Let's see if it improves tomorrow. Location is not what I would pick in a hotel if I had a choice. To be continued.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mistyriots
Jürgen S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Mistyriots,

thank you for your immediate feedback. We tried to reach you in your room, but I guess you have been outside enjoying the Golden city.
We have installed an additional router in your room to boost your signal. It should be working properly now. We apologize for the inconvenience with it and will follow up properly on it.
We are otherwise happy that you are enjoying your stay and you are satisfied with our staff.

Juergen Stiegler
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We stayed here for 5 nights in July, two couples, and found the hotel to be very pleasant particularly as we were given recently refurbished rooms. It is ideally located for walking almost everywhere and is in a quiet location. On the whole the staff are friendly and helpful, particularly in the restaurant. The thing I was most disappointed with was the lack of assistance when I requested a needle and cotton. The button came off a piece of clothing and there wasn't a complimentary sewing kit in the room. When I asked at reception I was told housekeeping would arrange to leave a needle and thread in the room. On returning from our day out there was no sign so I asked again at reception. This time I was told that if housekeeping hadn't left anything it was because they didn't have it, no further explanation given. I was quite taken aback since in the hotel information in the room it says "Forgotten something? We're on the case". Not so in my case. Also when trying to check in for our return flights using the hotel computers in the foyer we had difficulty as there wasn't an internet connection, again reception not very helpful, they just said they would make the IT team aware!

Room Tip: Ask if you can have one of the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
adiepoldova, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Diana M,

Thank you for choosing for staying with Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel and your time to leave your feedback.
I’m pleased to hear that you liked our hotel, and the location. We’ve started refurbishing our hotel at the end of last year, and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed one of the refurbished rooms. I’ve already informed the F&B team about your great review on their service and the whole team is very happy to hear you enjoyed their service. I’m deeply sorry to hear that we weren’t able to assist you with the sewing kit and the problem with our business center, nevertheless I would like to thank you for pointing out our mistakes, so we can learn and improve for the future. I will personally insure you that such mistakes will not happen in the future and we will do our best to satisfy our guests in all aspects during their stay.
I do hope that in the future you will visit us, and we’ll make your stay even better than the last.
In the meantime in you need any further assistant, feel free to contact me at adela.diepoldova@sheratonprague.com

Adela Diepoldova