“Great location in Prague for SPG Hotel”

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
Ranked #149 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We use spent 5 days in Prague and stayed at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square. My husband is SPG Platinum, so 5 nights on SPG points is optimum as the 5th night is free. Staff were very friendly and attentive and the room quite comfortable with double twin beds pushed together and nice linens and pillow choices. Hubby was hoping for a suite upgrade but it is probably very difficult at this location as it was packed with Viking Cruises passengers. We were able to relax in the executive lounge each day where it was a little quieter, with snacks and wine and chat with other executive families on vacation. After check-in, staff brought a lovely fruit plate to our room as an SPG Platinum welcome gift, which was a nice touch. This hotel is located easy to walk to old town or new town or the river and many many good restaurants and coffee shops. The tram is accessible about a block and a half away, and the concierge has tickets for purchase. We would definitely stay here again n another visit to Prague.

Room Tip: 6th floor with inner courtyard was quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeBonVieTravels
Management response:Responded 16 June 2017

Dear LeBonVieTravels,

I am very pleased to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us at Sherton Prague Charles Square Hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the staff. I will definitely pass your feedback to the Sheraton team to continue to inspire and motivate them. Regarding the room, the room upgrade is only guaranteed upon availability. Unfortunately because of the high season in summer we are limited with upgrading all the SPG member guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you for being our guest.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations Supervisor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I stayed because it's a Starwood hotel in Prague, but I'd probably stay somewhere else next time.

It's certainly adequate, and not in a bad location (although pretty far away from most of the attractions in Prague; Old Town is better). Some of the rooms are ok, although it's definitely an older property which has been retrofitted. Internet is reasonable.

Parking is CZK 1000/night, which is 30-40% of the average room rate. The "club lounge" and breakfast are pretty forgettable.

Mostly seems to be a hotel for group tours and cruises. As an independent traveler, even with SPG loyalty, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank octal
Management response:Responded 12 June 2017

Dear octal,

Thank you for your review. We are often used by international companies due to our extensive banqueting facilities. Furthermore we are in high season and there is a lot of individual and group bookings as well.
We are sorry that our benefits did not comfort you, even though they are more than other SPG properties give out complimentary (e.g. internet free and full buffet breakfast as platinum).

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Positives were many and no big negatives. Awesome breakfast selection. Best shower I've had in a hotel. Those were my top takeaways. The location is great unless you must be RIGHT in the tourist area. Prague has a great central tourist dynamic and maybe the hotel is 2 blocks off. To me it was good.
Staff very nice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 12 June 2017

Dear greyfool,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel facilities and location met your expectations. Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel deeply appreciate your kind words.

I look forward welcoming you back in the nearest future,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The location is so convenient for people who look for central closeness. The hotel staff hospitable and different then other touristic places in prague, more kind, polite and easy to communicate in English.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 7 June 2017

Dear Seda B,

We appreciate your kind feedback and thank you for being our guest. I am very pleased to hear that you found our hotel staff hospitable and location to be convenient. I will share your comments with our staff and management team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Generally a beautiful hotel in the centre of Prague. The staff is professional, the rooms are tidy and equipped with everything you need to feel comfortable during your stay.

So far so good. But those are all things I expect to be basics. The breakfast buffet was a bit small, the salmon seems to be very greasy and there were mostly jusr small tables in a narrow room. The fitness room was basically well equipped, but dried sweat on some machines and a broken treadmill lowered my enthusiasm a bit.

I would have loved to give the hotel five stars as I find it very welcoming. But the fifth star got lost during the stay. Yet, it is still a good place to go when visiting Prague.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank leitmoetiv
Management response:Responded 7 June 2017

Dear leitmoetiv,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your stay in Sheraton Prague Charles Square.
I am glad to hear our hotel met your expectations to a certain point. I will definitely share all your notes with the F&B department manager. Honest feedback like yours is valuable to us and therefore I would be more than happy to welcome you in Sheraton Prague once again so that we can reach your satisfaction and expectations to the fullest.

Thank you for being our guest and I look forward your next visit.

Warmest regards,