“Best goulash soup ever”

Ranked #183 of 5,698 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Visited here wiv my wife on our city break Feb 17 , we visited here on our 1st night , came across it whilst looking for a place to eat, I wanted to enjoy a traditional czech meal, I was not let down at all, the goulash soup was so tasty, moreish, I cud of easily eaten another bowl no problem, the staff were great, warm restaurant, nice surroundings, cheap prices, beer good. One happy tourist from uk here giving this place a big thumbs up for this place

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Our Czech friends made a reservation for 8pm. Good thing because the line outside was 10 people long and the the temp. was 28F (Jan. 3). The porter/hostess is dressed like a medieval warrior, which was a nice touch. Inside it looks like a medieval tavern. The food is good, abundant, but not gourmet. I had the pork schnitzel and my son fish and the soup in a bread loaf. Both like home made. The atmosphere is festive with lots of locals. The price is was ok. Overall, good to go once.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Quite comfortably the best restaurant we visited with my friends in Prague. Its a great place for fine dining.The food was expertly cooked, the menu was well thought out and every meal, including digestive from the chef, complimented each other and contributed to a brilliant dining experience. Fine chilled beer . Presentation was immaculate, staff were knowledgable and extremely polite and the food simply spoke for itself. 10/10 stars, will be going again if I'm in the area. And above all are listening live Jazz Band.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Came in for dinner on 22 January. The atmosphere was warm and the staff were welcoming. The menu has professional photos to show what Czech food is about and how it's presented.

The food was great, good goulash and a good beef in soup thing. Fair price for the area.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

We visited the restaurant during our holiday in Prague and we really enjoyed everything in the menu! The selection was good and the portion sizes were definitely big enough (maybe just a bit too big). We especially enjoyed the beef tartar which was just amazing, and the selection of spices on the side made the dish even better than normally. Very good experience and simple, but well cooked food!