“Superb superb superb”

Restaurant Pepr a Sul
Ranked #171 of 5,706 Restaurants in Prague
Description: Small non smoking restaurant with excellent food and friendly staff.
Reviewed 21 April 2017

This is a fantastic restaurant near some of the big hotels in Prague 9. The food was amazing -- the duck breast, which as recommended by the waiter as one of their best dishes, was excellent. It was the best duck I've ever eaten. The desserts are also fantastic. We had the cheesecake and cinnamon pancakes (more like small doughnuts), and they were delicious.

The restaurant is a little bit off the beaten track, but well worth it. It's right across the street from the enormous Clarion. If you're staying at the Clarion, you're literally 100 yards away from restaurant perfection -- get up out of your comfy chair and walk over there.

The wait staff were very friendly and courteous without being intrusive. Do not believe the other, frankly, abusive and racist, review submitted recently. My husband and I are obviously American and obviously not Czech, and we were given impeccable service.

Prague 9 is a nice neighborhood full of **real** people, and this is a restaurant where these real people, mostly in their mid 30's, are coming for a great meal. It's not a tourist trap in old town full of people in rubber boating sandals being served pork knees.

If you want an authentic, excellent dining experience, and you're in the neighborhood, stop by this place. I give it my highest recommendation.

1  Thank Amy B

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Our casual visit to Pepr a Sul, didn't go to plan. Hostile service, from the A to Z till the moment when we paid and nobody even say thank you. Cafe late served in a wrong glass, bread dried, garlic soup with pouched egg very good though. We didn't order more as didn't want to risk stomach ulcers in this hostile environment so often to see in this post industrial neighbourhood of Prague 9 Vysocany where live and work people mostly of underprivileged and poor origin (no matter how well off they are now) with scarse or none notion of professional conduct. In the restaurant there were further 2 more guests. You may ask why?

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Found this hotel rather by accident was it was near my hotel (which was outside of the city centre) and one of my colleagues passed it when out for a run.

The food was really great, especially the collection of starters - we couldn't choose what to have so that make a small version of each. The foie gras creme brulee was especially good!!

Main courses were equally good (I had veal liver) and all washed down with excellent local beer.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Prague.

2  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

It is always nice to see people loving their job! Staff is polait, smily, quick ... and the food? Splendid! I got greek salad with chicken grilled ... fresh & Tasty, capuccino & apricot cake .... MUST have another one. I will surely come back. Highly recomended for lunch as well for dinners too. The co-owner Mirek is behind the bar and careing the guests with proud.

1  Thank Robert-Prague-CZ
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Been here several times for the lunch me u and were never disappointed. Portions ok, waiters really nice, food tasty.