“Fantastic avvocado tartar”

Ranked #35 of 6,156 Restaurants in Prague
Neighbourhood: Hradčany & Letná
Neighbourhood: Hradčany & Letná
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Prague is a fantastic place for vegetarians. We loved this restaurant. Very friendly stuff, good food, nice atmosphere. We really enjoyed an avocado tartar.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The food here was a real treat. We came back a couple of times so we had several of the dishes. Most of the food choices were exceptional - not just good. My mother in law was my travel partner and she is not vegan or veg and she loved it as much as me.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I was near the castle and getting hungry, and Vegan's was the nearest restaurant that came up on my search. What a find! After quite a climb to the restaurant (it occupies the top two floors of an apartment block) I was warmly welcomed and shown to a table on the top floor.
The menu consists of several dishes of veganised Czech cuisine, plus burgers, international dishes and a dish of the day. As I was in Prague it would have been rude not to try Czech food, so I started with beetroot carpaccio (excellent), followed by potato goulash (so tasty) and finished with the fruit dumplings (loved them). With water and coffee it was very reasonably priced.
I enjoyed it so much I returned on my last night. The broccoli soup was lovely, the stuffed cabbage leaves were great and the fruit dumplings just as good as the first time I tried them.
I plan to visit Prague again, and Vegan's will definitely be on my list.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Let's get the only drawback out of the way first: This place is up a hill (on the way to the castle) and three flights of stairs. Beyond that, I have only good things to say. I am a carnivore but my colleague was vegan, so here we were. Taking a vegan turn on Czech food sounds daring but they do it well. The stuffed cabbage leaves were very tasty, with a tomato sauce and a bit of pesto on top. They were both light and filling, if that makes any sense. The servers were very friendly. I think they're happy with their vegan mission in meat-heavy Prague. As this place is a bit tucked away, you get a break from the overcrowded area.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Lovely meal, satisfying with a good price and service! Prague is an amazing place for vegetarians! I really enjoyed this place