We stayed in the hotel two nights in February. The hotel is big, we had our room in "deluxe wing" and had a junior suite. It was a good, clean room, bed was comfortable. I've had better pillows - but much worse as well so ok. TV was only in the living room, not in the bedroom - and as we seldom just sit and watch TV, we'd have been pleased to have TV in the bedroom - we often watch it a few minutes before to go to sleep. It really did not bother us much but it was quite different than in most hotels.
The bathroom was big enough and very clean.
Breakfast was variable and was served in the Mirror Hall. Coffee could have been warmer.
We had nice moments in Cafe Pupp - ate some cakes and some sandwiches etc. Only one evening did we have a dinner in the restaurant. It was a 3-course menu and we had a nice table by the window. However, we asked the meat as medium but both portions (for me and my husband) were too well done! Otherwise the dinner was ok.
It was low season, so we received good service. We used the spa and went to massage - both were relaxing and nice.
Karlovy Vary itself is a small city, nice and pittoresque. As it was very cold we did not want to walk and go around much and therefore we stayed quite a lot at the hotel.
At our request the hotel had arranged transportations from and to the hotel and the drivers were very kind and service-minded.
It was a good short vacation, nice to see the place and the hotel. If you drive by, why not to visit it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque spa town of Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic, the Grandhotel Pupp is one of Europe's most famous historical hotels. Talking about its history would take a while, because it dates back to 1701. In recent years the Grandhotel Pupp has hosted illustrious names from the movie world including Morgan Freeman, Gregory Peck, Sharon Stone, Robert Redford, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas, Jude Law, John Travolta and Nikita Michalkov. Such stars have descended on the hotel especially for the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival each year at the beginning of July. As well as modern-day celebrities, the hotel has also attracted eminent historical figures from culture and the arts including German poet and philosopher Johann Wolfgang Goethe, composers Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner and Antonin Dvorak, violinist Nicolo Paganini, writer Franz Kafka and master of Art Nouveau Alfons Mucha. In two connected buildings, River Side and Park Side, the Grandhotel Pupp complex offers 228 rooms in the categories of Comfort, Superior, Superior Plus, Junior Suite, Premier Suite and Apartment. The ground floor of the hotel features restaurants, a cafe, bars, a boutique zone, a hairdressing salon and casino. Becher's Bar provides entertainment in the evening. The Grandhotel Pupp invites guests to the new Pupp Royal Spa wellness centre with pool and saunas. The complex includes a modern fitness centre as well as a private Royal Spa Suite with whirlpool, massage tables, sauna and a relaxation zone. The Pupp Royal Spa offers an extended range of treatments, from traditional procedures based on the natural bounty of Karlovy Vary and the region to modern massages and beauty treatments. Grandhotel Pupp - If you want a chance to see a star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Grandhotel Pupp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Pupp De Luxe Hotel Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp Karlovy Vary