Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 15/05/21
Free cancellation until 13/05/21
TravelocityUS$130
CheapTicketsUS$130
Orbitz.comUS$130
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2019

The hotel is nice and modern and located not far from the city centre. Breakfast is good although the choice for vegans is very limited.

We are in a group of 7 people, and we have 5 rooms booked. When we arrived at the hotel we were in a rush as we needed to go at an event we were attending and our train journey from Prague was delayed. We stood at the reception desk waiting to be acknowledged for checking in. After a 5 minute wait, we politely asked to be checked in as a taxi was waiting for us to bring us to the conference place.

A check-in clerk, who we later discovered was the manager, quickly checked us in and takes our passports. She tells us – I’ll give them back to you in 2 hours. We refused to leave our passport as this is a very unsafe practice. She suddenly starts talking in her own language in a very angry tone – and despite our lack of Czech language skills, we could tell she was swearing at us.
I made her understand that I can tell she is swearing at us and at this point she stops.

This was not the only poor service received. Every time we would ask a question at the reception desk it felt like they were annoyed and that they really did not want to speak to us or help us in any way. Really bad attitude thinking that their job is to be helpful to customers.

The hotel offers a room service – however despite having a menu most items were not available. We asked for a portion of fries and they said “it comes with chicken”. Being vegan, we obviously did not want the chicken and we asked just for the chips and they refused to provide them, insisting that we had to get the chicken too. Such a poor service.

One evening we were at the bar and having a good time with our colleagues over drinks. We notice the bar is about to close so I made my way to the bar to place the last order – the lady tells me the bar is close and she cannot take the order. The bar was actually due to close in 5 minutes – in fact two other guests ordered some wine, which they were given, and the payment was take after the bar was closed. Still no idea why my order was refused.

The room we had (a superior room) was lovely, modern and had nice amenities.

I would never return to this hotel and similarly, would not recommend staying in this hotel particularly because of the unfriendliness and poor service by the hotel staff.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank AlfLondon1
Reviewed 2 May 2019

I was recentelly visiting as a guest on a congress. As ususally, everything was perfect, and I was satisfied.. I was at the hotel for a third time, and there was never anything bad about it.

P. S. from the higher floors, there is an amazing view..

Room tip: I reccomend higher floors, for a best city view
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MartinStolka, General Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2019

Dear JosephSeedLuis,

Thank you for your recent visit and for providing this very positive feedback.

We thank you for choosing the Clarion Congress Hotel ČB and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to České Budějovice.

Best Regards

Martin Štolka

Reviewed 27 April 2019

I'm already 3 weeks in the hotel, it was booked by the company I work for. Hotel is terrible for a long stay, crowdy holidaymakers, long wait for elevators, staff at the reception ignorant, foreign currency exchange rate 15 % less than the official rate, breakfast restaurant overcrowded with tables not cleaned promptly, the worst laundry services in all hotels I have been so far...in the hotel booklet stated laundry delivered before 9.00 am will be returned the same day, after 2 days of waiting (happened twice) had to go to the reception to ask where is my laundry, all my t-shirts and sweaters got a size smaller while washed, complained at the reception but no follow up. Apparently, the hotel can afford such bad services as Ceske Budejovice are crowded with tourists and all the hotels in the city are busy.

Reviewed 25 April 2019

The hotel is a 16 floor building for crowdy holidaymakers and not a business or congress (as stays in the name of the hotel). Double rooms are too small for 4☆ hotel not to mention bathrooms and hotel restaurant. The hotel designer made a restaurant where 200 breakfast willing tourists at once become just a food hunting crowd. WI-FI doesn't work in the upper floors.
The hotel is suitable for one night groups of holidaymakers, who just run from one to another place, shooting photos and make trip with a title "Know Europe in few days".

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

Overall is good - room , food except the blonde woman receptionist in the morning of 19 april 2019. She has bad service mind. I should have rated this hotel to exellent , If I had gotten good feeling. She showed her displeased facial expression when I asked her for keycard again cause I forgot my belonging in the room.
Yo