“Excellent Coffee and cake”
Review of Caffe Banba

Caffe Banba
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Carndonagh
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Description: Bakery, Cakery & Fabulous Coffee, plus freshly prepared soups, toasties, wraps, salads and other delicious food options. Family run, with a real pride for providing the best quality produce, in a relaxed, simple and quirky little shop.
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Stopped here and checked out Malin head coffee really good as was the choc cake and pecan slice. Lovely friendly girl serving - best coffee in area and cheapest too. Amazing location.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I have read all the previous good reviews with interest and while I certainly cannot disagree with any of then, we did not see Cafe Banba in its best light as we arrived in the late afternoon to find all hot good was finished.
Don't get me wrong though, it is a very nice place with very friendly staff and we did indeed enjoy some nice tea/coffee. We were just disappointed that they stopped serving as early as they did. We for there about 5 and had read all the reviews and were positively starving with the hunger! Our mistake to be fair
As I said, a lovely place but in all fairness you have to review it as you find it...and we couldn't really avail if the tasty food that is so well reviewed.
Oh well. Till next time I guess.

caffebanba, Owner at Caffe Banba, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Hi There. Thanks for visiting us, and for taking the time to review us. I fully understand your frustration, and have to say thanks for being so positive about us despite your disappointment that we had stopped serving food. We have in fact left many people disappointed by finishing food at 4:45pm, and will be extending the hours as soon as we have the new staff that we need settled in - hopefully just a few weeks away. We still see our place as a rather odd little coffee shop in a small rural town, and really need to make the mental leap to accept that we are a cafe, and should serve the menu when customers need it. Thanks for your gentle nudge, and once again sorry for the disappointment.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

As a regular visitor to Caffee Bamba. I have to say the food is a bit different but in a good way. The boggs dogs are amazing. The pizza wrap was excellent too. The staff are always friendly and polite especially olwyn, and emma.

caffebanba, Owner at Caffe Banba, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

"Different in a good way" - one of the best compliments we could get. Many thanks for taking the time to review us, and I have already passed on the kind words to the rest of the staff to smiles and little blushes from Olwyn and Emma (Although I think Olwyn was just impressed that someone knew how to spell her name :-)

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Tucked away off the main square this is a good place to stop. Great range of cakes on offer. Could do with clearer labelling as to flavours

Thanks, and have to say, you are totally correct about labeling. We are getting it updated as I type this response and are trying to make sure everything is properly labelled. Thanks for taking the time to review us :-)

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Stop here quite often for break. Coffee is wonderful. I love the cappuccino. Cakes and buns are delicious. Dominic always welcoming. Martina greets us like old friends.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us, and so happy you enjoy your visits. I have passed on your comments to Martina - I don't think she realises that she makes people feel so welcome - it is just the way she is. She was slightly embarrassed but very pleased.... Thanks