“Good food”

Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Good food, good coffee.......... velvet latte was ‘interesting’, friendly service. Very busy, very popular.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Am sad to say our visit here this week was terrible. I know this place has a great reputation and has been a ‘go to’ place for a long time but I struggle to see why. Our 2 waitresses were beyond rude. We all felt uncomfortable within minutes after our rude, half hearted welcome. We were 4 females who don’t get out much as we are busy working mums, and we got served hot drinks that were room temperature, appalling service from bored staff, had our plates left in front of us till we left, and all agreed we will never return. The place was less than half full, so it isn’t as if they were run off their feet. The place itself is very nice, the back courtyard looks gorgeous. Just really let down by awful staff and low quality food and drinks on our visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is my go-to cafe when I’m in the Darby Street area. The milkshakes are great and service is friendly and fast. I generally only get drinks but the times I have ordered food, it has been good. I love that this cafe has been around forever - it’s an iconic part of Darby Street!

Reviewed 28 September 2018

These guys were hipsters before it was a thing, they rock it too.
Great food, generous portions and perfectly understated service.
Will be back!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Service was slow but this place was packed on Fathers Day breakfast. The salmon, poached eggs & pesto breakfast made up for it. A really filling meal. Coffee was lovely. Definitely worth a visit.