“Graduation dinner ”
Review of Indian Manor At Silverwells - CLOSED

Indian Manor At Silverwells
Price range: US$17 - US$36
Description: The Indian Manor is the latest addition to Bothwell offering the best in traditional indian food long with a surroundings that can only be described as 5 star.
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I cannot rate this restaurant any higher , or I would.
I arranged my graduation dinner here on Thursday the 16th of November for a party of 12 including my two young children.. and rather fussy grandmother.

The gentleman who took my initial booking couldn’t have been any nicer and even offered to take my email and send me the a la carte menu so I could decide what was best for my party.
In the end we opted to sit in the restaurant and simply order on the evening. I called to pre arrange my grans dish as she doesn’t enjoy Indian food , and I was greeted with plenty of alternatives that would suit her (she opted for the fish and chips)
Everyone else in the party thoroughly enjoyed there meals and felt the atmosphere was fantastic.

When It comes to the wait staff there was one lady in particular who stood out, I feel bad as I didn’t get her name but she was wearing a long sleeved white top and she is an absolute credit to your establishment, whenever anyone looked up to gain eye contact to order a drink or ask a question, she was there but not in an over powering manner, her skills were subtle but very effective.
She engaged with my children which was very nice to see as they were a bit tired due to the time of night but that didn’t seem to be an issue for her , which put me at great ease.

The manageress or supervisor , with red hair, seemed a bit tense and a bit less approachable but still, very good at her job and quite attentive also.

All in all fantastic experience and we will be back and as always , recommending the restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal in Bothwell.

1  Thank Bekka P
BuntyIM, General Manager at Indian Manor At Silverwells, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Hi Bekka,

We are so thankful for all your kind comments and that you felt we deserved such a great 5 star review. We are pleased you all enjoyed your meal and that we were able to cater to everyone's needs. We do hope to see you again in the near future and thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We came here as a group of 8 and were struck by the unique setting and warm welcome. The building is beautiful and full of character. It was also great to see a different kind of Indian menu. Some traditional favourites like korma, tikka and butter chicken are there but equally there are things we hadn’t seen before. If you don’t want a large meal, small plates and street food are available. Everyone was very happy with their meal.

1  Thank hev_p611
BuntyIM, General Manager at Indian Manor At Silverwells, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Hi,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit here at Indian Manor and thank you for leaving such a great review. A warm welcome awaits should you choose to dine with us again.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We visited the restaurant with a Groupon voucher which was 2 courses for 2 people. We were seated immediately upon arrival, nice building and setting. We both had pakora to start which was very nice. For main I had Bhuna which I enjoyed however my other half was not so keen on his korma as he felt that it was bland and runny. Service was quick and efficient.

1  Thank sweetcheeks72

Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review and for your kind comments regarding our restaurant and food. We are saddened to learn that your partner did not enjoy his meal. We hope you will try our establishment again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

The food is good quality and the building is beautiful but the meal was expensive for what it was. I wouldn’t go on a regular basis because of this as there is cheaper for food just as enjoyable in the area.

2  Thank AlisonCD
BuntyIM, General Manager at Indian Manor At Silverwells, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hi Alison,

Many thanks for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your meal here at Indian Manor. We do offer a set pre theatre menu which is 2 courses for £12 available Monday-Sunday & also we have a street food express lunch menu which is £10.

We hope you will choose to dine with us again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve been wanting to try this restaurant for a while as the local word is how good it is. It didn’t disappoint.

We visited after the main lunch service but before the evening service so it was very quiet just one other table in use.

Firstly the service was excellent,attentive but not in your face. The menus are excellent offering vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options- lots of gluten free options which as a Coeliac was nice to see.

I had a Channa and aloo starter which I hadn’t seen before and my main was Railway Lamb Curry both excellent.

My wife had her favourite veg pakora followed by chicken tikka which again did not disappoint.

Clean plates were sent back to the kitchen.

My wife Elaine insists I mention the naan which was light fluffy and crispy all at the same time.

As for me the manager had a very tasty gram flour flat bread made for me without my asking- a nice touch I thought.

Two lunches with 2 glasses of wine, 2 colas, a liqueur coffee and a white coffee to finish was £52 so not the cheapest but certainly one of the better Indian restaurants and in my opinion worth it.

PS - I forgot to mention the portion size go hungry you’ll need the room.

2  Thank Kenny M

Hi Kenny,

We are so thrilled you enjoyed your first visit to Indian Manor and that we met your expectations. We are very thankful for your brilliant review and kind comments regarding food/staff/service. We hope to see you again in the near future!