All reviews glass pool premier king ocean view suite infinity pool main restaurant visit lombok private beach outdoor shower buffet breakfast welcome drink the ground floor the general manager beach front sun loungers sound of the waves senggigi beach our honeymoon
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Our stay at the Katamaran resort is one of the best we have had in our entire trip around south east Asia!

The hotel is located on a beautiful beach facing the ocean where you can enjoy the sun setting over the volcano of Bali. In addition the hotel is close to the harbors that can take you to the Gili islands or to Bali.

The staff is very polite and friendly and help you with everything.

Our room was very specious and had a great interior design which also goes for the rest of the hotel. The food in both restaurants (also the breakfast) was very good and the location of one of them “The cliff” was amazing.

However and in our opinion, the best thing with this entire hotel is how you can sit in the most beautiful pool with a cocktail in your hand and watch the sun set besides the volcano (Mount Agung in Bali) ! We did this every night and it was always the highlight of our day!

Room tip: We loved our club room. You do not need a room with pool due to how you will spend your time by the main pool watching the sunset.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Wayan S, General Manager at Katamaran Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Chasingam0ment,

Thank you very much for choosing Katamaran Hotel & Resort as your Holiday escape in Lombok Island.

The beach of Katamaran Hotel & Resort could be the widest beach in this area. People can see and witness the sunset just on the slope of mount Agung of Bali - the highest mount in Bali

You can also enjoy a sunset cocktails and happy hours from 5 - 7pm. On the other side, on the hill you will see and the kliff resto where people can combine of having a sunset cocktails and followed by a dinner.

We provide sun lounger and beanbags for all guests around the pool and the beach area, enabling people to choose their own private chair for a sunbathing.

We hope we can meet you again in the near future. Please contact us directly should you wish to have further information for your plan.

We wish you have a pleasant day ahead and we will be looking forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Great stay for the past 3 nights and was upgraded to private pool villa at 3002.
I wasn't expecting this.

Thanks for Yogi, Putra and Khairul (hope all the names were correct) for the warm welcome during my arrival. The welcome drink was very refreshing and after being ushered to the room, Yogi willingly brought me for a tour of the hotel's facilities.

The private pool villa was very big. The bathroom was very very spacious with indoor and outdoor shower.

The hotel was very expansive. 2 big pools, lots of sunbeds and beanbags so you don't have to fight for it. The restaurant where I had the breakfast was good. Ample of seats at the main restaurant or by the sea. The selection of food was good, very tasty and really like the croissant. very crunchy. All the staff were very attentive and responded quickly to all the request. I had dinner one night at the restaurant and the chicken with waffle was very good. I ordered the same welcome drink that I had during check in (since it was very good).

During my stay, the gym still closed but the spa is open. During my last stay, I dine in at The Kliff and I must say it was very good. The view, the ambiance, the food esp the steak was heavenly.

The sunset view from the pool or any hotel grounds were perfect. The beach in front of the hotel was good for walking/running. No need to worry as the security guard were there (just in case if you need help).

Will definitely return. Thanks Katamaran for the wonderful weekend.

Dear Akublues,

We will share your valuable review to Yogi, Khaerul, and Putra. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time with us here at Katamaran Resort. Appreciate your time to write this review.

Sorry for the gyms as it was affected by the earthquake so we need some renovation for this.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

After the earthquakes in Lombok I thought I’d spend my leave and money in a region that needs some assistance. My usual holiday destination during this time is Bali but I thought I’d go out and help this area. I book Katamaran Resort was was rather excited as I looked beautiful. A few weeks after my reservation my father was diagnosed with cancer and I attempted to seek a “fee free” cancellation and was rejected. At that time I thought “ok sure” whilst I wanted to stay and help with my fathers treatment he was pushing me to go. Yesterday we received the most devastating news that my father now has at best a week to live and I would be unable now to travel. I personally called the hotel and explained my situation and was treated more like someone trying to rip them off. I asked to speak to a manager and was advised by the staff member “they are in a meeting and even if you wish to speak with a manager it would go through me first”. Horrified. I was then advised that a response would be made within 2 hours and still have sent to receive a reply. In most cases I would claim this via travel insurance but when even the most disappointing customer service providing companies like Jetstar have offered me a full refund without question it would cost more to make a claim. After great devastation of their own community you’d think they would have more understanding.

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank FrequentFlier594965
Wayan S, General Manager at Katamaran Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear FrequentFlier594965,

Le us clarify first the issue. We always check all reservation in details should there be a an issue occurs.

We will treat any cancellation happen with a very cooperative way.

After checking all the data base and the incoming reservation, we have no reservation under name of : FrequentFlier594965.

We are not sure if this review is actual or fake issue uploaded through this channel.

If this issue is actual, we would appreciate if you could write down your name or your account in a very gentle and supportive way, so we can trace and clarify further if any unexpected issue arise.

Your cooperation and understanding is highly respected.

Katamaran Hotel & Resort - Senggigi - Lombok

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We stayed in an Ocean View Suite for our anniversary in October. The view is stunning! The personnel is amazing, so friendly and polite so it's hard to beat. The two pools are both nice and we didn't have any problems finding sunbeds.
We had dinner at The Kliff on our last evening, the food and service is very good. Breakfast and lunch is good as well in the main building.
The only reason for not rating 5 is that somehow this hotel did not feel like "home". It's hard to explain, but we think it lacked some of the warmth and cozyness some hotels provide. But we would stay here again, no question about that! :)

1  Thank jariu2017
Wayan S, General Manager at Katamaran Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Jariu,

We would also like to thank you for writing such a positive reviews on us. We will share your valuable review on us. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time with us here at Katamaran Resort. Appreciate your time to write this review.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

The Katamaran Resort was supposed to be the highlight of our 3-weeks traveling around Bali, Gili and Lombok.
The biggest disappointment was that our room didnt look at all as on the pictures - despite it was clean spacious and quite modern we expected bungalow type of rooms not huge block of flat typemof mass accomodation. We were in the second floor and felt like in an office building.
Sexond disappointment was the people and the service - at first everybody is smiling at you, soon you understand it is a fake. When you come to ask for some tourist advice on the rception, the staff only recommends the paid gigs, sad story. We wanted to go snorkeling - hotel offer was around 1-3 mil. rupiah, but as we rented our own car,buyed snorkles and paid boat transport, our cost were only 500 000 rupiah :-)
What I loved in this hotele were the breakfasts - really good wide offer of fruits, sweets, pastry, pancakes, local dishes, freshly made eggs or omeletes. Food was really good.
Pool nice, atmosohere relaxing, chilling
Good hotel for couples that are ready to spend money.
I am not sure if I would recommend this hotel. For such price per night the hotel should offer much more professional service and show real not fake kindness towards customers.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alena K

Dear Alena K,

We thank you also for your feedback and thumbs on this review.
Let us clarify all your issue so we and people have a better understanding on the matter with regards to your room assignment.

We received your booking from booking.com for the period of stay 7 - 12 October 2018. And your booking was Premier Room. We allocate you to this room category based on your booking.. However we see your expectation was bungalow type room. We could have allocated you in the villa or bungalow if your booking was tropical pool villa. We would suggest you to booked a higher room category should you would expect a higher fulfillment of your holiday value.

We have checked all pics for Premier room on the website, and they were all correct. You could have a better attention on this pics so you would be misled.

We sell everything in higher class so the pricing is going in line. Of course you could have got a cheaper price by going directly to the street and spend less money.
The value that we offer can not be measured with the amount of money you spend, but it is worth.

Thank you for your understanding and looking forward to having your reconsideration on Katamaran Resort.