All reviews glass pool premier king ocean view suite infinity pool main restaurant visit lombok private beach outdoor shower buffet breakfast welcome drink the ground floor the general manager beach front sun loungers sound of the waves senggigi beach our honeymoon
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Great stay for the past 3 nights and was upgraded to private pool villa at 3002.
I wasn't expecting this.

Thanks for Yogi, Putra and Khairul (hope all the names were correct) for the warm welcome during my arrival. The welcome drink was very refreshing and after being ushered to the room, Yogi willingly brought me for a tour of the hotel's facilities.

The private pool villa was very big. The bathroom was very very spacious with indoor and outdoor shower.

The hotel was very expansive. 2 big pools, lots of sunbeds and beanbags so you don't have to fight for it. The restaurant where I had the breakfast was good. Ample of seats at the main restaurant or by the sea. The selection of food was good, very tasty and really like the croissant. very crunchy. All the staff were very attentive and responded quickly to all the request. I had dinner one night at the restaurant and the chicken with waffle was very good. I ordered the same welcome drink that I had during check in (since it was very good).

During my stay, the gym still closed but the spa is open. During my last stay, I dine in at The Kliff and I must say it was very good. The view, the ambiance, the food esp the steak was heavenly.

The sunset view from the pool or any hotel grounds were perfect. The beach in front of the hotel was good for walking/running. No need to worry as the security guard were there (just in case if you need help).

Will definitely return. Thanks Katamaran for the wonderful weekend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Wayan S, General Manager at Katamaran Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Akublues,

Thank you very much for choosing Katamaran Hotel & Resort as your Holiday escape in Lombok Island.

We will share your valuable review to Yogi, Khaerul, and Putra. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time with us here at Katamaran Resort. Appreciate your time to write this review.

The beach of Katamaran Hotel & Resort could be the widest beach in this area. People can see and witness the sunset just on the slope of mount Agung of Bali - the highest mount in Bali

You can also enjoy a sunset cocktails and happy hours from 5 - 7pm. On the other side, on the hill you will see and the kliff resto where people can combine of having a sunset cocktails and followed by a dinner.

We provide sun lounger and beanbags for all guests around the pool and the beach area, enabling people to choose their own private chair for a sunbathing.

Sorry for the gyms as it was affected by the earthquake so we need some renovation for this.
We hope we can meet you again in the near future. Please contact us directly should you wish to have further information for your plan.

We wish you have a pleasant day ahead and we will be looking forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

After the earthquakes in Lombok I thought I’d spend my leave and money in a region that needs some assistance. My usual holiday destination during this time is Bali but I thought I’d go out and help this area. I book Katamaran Resort was was rather excited as I looked beautiful. A few weeks after my reservation my father was diagnosed with cancer and I attempted to seek a “fee free” cancellation and was rejected. At that time I thought “ok sure” whilst I wanted to stay and help with my fathers treatment he was pushing me to go. Yesterday we received the most devastating news that my father now has at best a week to live and I would be unable now to travel. I personally called the hotel and explained my situation and was treated more like someone trying to rip them off. I asked to speak to a manager and was advised by the staff member “they are in a meeting and even if you wish to speak with a manager it would go through me first”. Horrified. I was then advised that a response would be made within 2 hours and still have sent to receive a reply. In most cases I would claim this via travel insurance but when even the most disappointing customer service providing companies like Jetstar have offered me a full refund without question it would cost more to make a claim. After great devastation of their own community you’d think they would have more understanding.

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank FrequentFlier594965
Wayan S, General Manager at Katamaran Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear FrequentFlier594965,

Le us clarify first the issue. We always check all reservation in details should there be a an issue occurs.

We will treat any cancellation happen with a very cooperative way.

After checking all the data base and the incoming reservation, we have no reservation under name of : FrequentFlier594965.

We are not sure if this review is actual or fake issue uploaded through this channel.

If this issue is actual, we would appreciate if you could write down your name or your account in a very gentle and supportive way, so we can trace and clarify further if any unexpected issue arise.

Your cooperation and understanding is highly respected.

Katamaran Hotel & Resort - Senggigi - Lombok

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We stayed in an Ocean View Suite for our anniversary in October. The view is stunning! The personnel is amazing, so friendly and polite so it's hard to beat. The two pools are both nice and we didn't have any problems finding sunbeds.
We had dinner at The Kliff on our last evening, the food and service is very good. Breakfast and lunch is good as well in the main building.
The only reason for not rating 5 is that somehow this hotel did not feel like "home". It's hard to explain, but we think it lacked some of the warmth and cozyness some hotels provide. But we would stay here again, no question about that! :)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jariu2017
Wayan S, General Manager at Katamaran Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Jariu,

We would also like to thank you for writing such a positive reviews on us. We will share your valuable review on us. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time with us here at Katamaran Resort. Appreciate your time to write this review.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

The Katamaran Resort was supposed to be the highlight of our 3-weeks traveling around Bali, Gili and Lombok.
The biggest disappointment was that our room didnt look at all as on the pictures - despite it was clean spacious and quite modern we expected bungalow type of rooms not huge block of flat typemof mass accomodation. We were in the second floor and felt like in an office building.
Sexond disappointment was the people and the service - at first everybody is smiling at you, soon you understand it is a fake. When you come to ask for some tourist advice on the rception, the staff only recommends the paid gigs, sad story. We wanted to go snorkeling - hotel offer was around 1-3 mil. rupiah, but as we rented our own car,buyed snorkles and paid boat transport, our cost were only 500 000 rupiah :-)
What I loved in this hotele were the breakfasts - really good wide offer of fruits, sweets, pastry, pancakes, local dishes, freshly made eggs or omeletes. Food was really good.
Pool nice, atmosohere relaxing, chilling
Good hotel for couples that are ready to spend money.
I am not sure if I would recommend this hotel. For such price per night the hotel should offer much more professional service and show real not fake kindness towards customers.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alena K

Dear Alena K,

We thank you also for your feedback and thumbs on this review.
Let us clarify all your issue so we and people have a better understanding on the matter with regards to your room assignment.

We received your booking from booking.com for the period of stay 7 - 12 October 2018. And your booking was Premier Room. We allocate you to this room category based on your booking.. However we see your expectation was bungalow type room. We could have allocated you in the villa or bungalow if your booking was tropical pool villa. We would suggest you to booked a higher room category should you would expect a higher fulfillment of your holiday value.

We have checked all pics for Premier room on the website, and they were all correct. You could have a better attention on this pics so you would be misled.

We sell everything in higher class so the pricing is going in line. Of course you could have got a cheaper price by going directly to the street and spend less money.
The value that we offer can not be measured with the amount of money you spend, but it is worth.

Thank you for your understanding and looking forward to having your reconsideration on Katamaran Resort.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Hi I'm looking at one of those luxury escape deals for the katamaran resort Lombok for feb 19 next year. It's a great deal and price however I want to know if the area is safe and back to normal since the earth quakes. Ie is the hotel still safely in tact? I read the restaurant was badly damaged and guests had to sleep in the car park after the quake. Are the roads safe or are there cracks everywhere? Is there sound infrastructure such as clean running water? Electricity? Cell phone/wifi capability? I know these might seem like first world problems but just want to know if it's worth it or am I best to look at other destinations.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jody H
Wayan S, General Manager at Katamaran Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear Jody H,

Thank you very much for your curiosity and concerns on the reviews. The earthquake was on August 5, 2018. It was really an emergency. We have done a very fast renovation and we have been operating back since Early October. Everything will be alright in February 2019.

We are so happy to hear that you have seen our great deal in Luxury Escape, yes it is indeed a good deal. All other infrastructures are in order, no problem with all these aspects such as clean water, electricity, telecommunication and internet connection, etc.

The Kliff Bistro where you can watch the sunset while enjoying your favorite cocktails has been back to normal, spa with a fascinating view overlooking mount Agung, the highest mount in Bali is in a good weather clearly seen from the spa.

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance. You can contact us for further details via : reservation@katamaranresort.com

Looking forward to welcoming you at the resort.

Warm Regards