4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$269
Hotels.comUS$269
Orbitz.comUS$269
eDreamsUS$247
Trip.comUS$269
TravelocityUS$269
All reviews home away from home third floor place to stay wrap around porch owners john the upper deck every direction beautiful hilltop the atlantic ocean view is amazing tour of the property wealth of information the entire island rented a car architect villa caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

The only way to experience Eleuthera is with a view of the beautiful blue oceans and The Villa Alamanda has amazing views. I stayed for two nights for work and I really appreciated having a beautifully decorated, cozy and quiet place to sleep. It’s located near a major settlement with loads of beaches and local restaurants close by. I will be going back and I highly recommend!

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

Had the opportunity to spend a few days at this resort and I can truly say that I had a spectacular time. My stay started with a warm friendly greeting from the owner himself who picked me and my coworkers up from the airport. When I arrived at the resort I was in awe at the charming accommodations at such an affordable price. Nestled at the top of one of Eleutheras most picturesque hilltop you can relax and enjoy fresh ocean breezes. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend Villa Alamanda to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Eleuthera.

Antonio Saunders

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

The owners of Villa Allamanda are very accommodating. I’ve been there about 4 times already and I always leave satisfied. Being there feels like home. I would recommend this place to anyone that’s traveling to Eleuthera again or will be traveling for the first time. You won’t be disappointed!

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2019

The measure of a great property is how well they handle unplanned issues that inevitably arise and in this case the owner/manager gets a D-.

We had booked a rental house on Eleuthera for a week at the winter holidays and, due to the long overnight flight from the US West Coast, were hoping to arrive one day early to give us an extra night on the island after such a long travel. We knew finding a place for a single night at the holidays for a family of four would be challenging, so we explored the possibilities of one-night stays before booking our flights -- no point booking non-refundable tickets if we didn't have a place to stay. After looking, we discovered the Villa Allamanda and its website allowed us to reserve, and pay for, a single night in their 3rd flr. King Suite. Once we'd booked it and received our confirmation and receipt of deposit payment, we proceeded to buy four non-changeable r/t airline tickets.

The next day, we received an email from John McCardy stating, "Because of a program glitch, we regret to inform you that we are unable to accept your one-night booking for 27th to 28th of December, 2019. Our policy and our system allows bookings for a three night minimum from December 23rd to January 10th , because of the peak season for all hotels in our area." This is understandable for a small property in a highly desirable vacation area, but their reservation system had allowed it. In their defense, they have a long T&C page that was pointed out to us after the fact that does include 3-nights min. at the holidays, although we didn't go looking specifically for any policies since why would we? After all, their reservation system, installed on their website, had allowed us to book and had taken our money.

This wouldn't be a huge deal except we'd now purchased four non-changeable airline tickets. When I pointed this out and asked how he could help solve this, his reply was, "we can't." No apology, no offer to lower the minimum to just two nights, no suggestions on anywhere else to try, nothing. Instead, I got a sarcastic lecture, "You have about eleven months to talk to any of the other properties on Eleuthera. You will see that this policy is common place at almost all small properties throughout the entire planet, during peak times of the year. A technicality does not override our advertised policy and agreement with our guests." And yet again, why would I go looking specifically for any policies since it was their reservation system, installed on their website, that allowed us to book? What's next, selling a room at one rate, then saying, "Oh sorry, since demand is high that weekend, your rate will now be 50% more?" I did get one suggestion from him which was to book the three nights but only stay one -- at the three night price: "Please read our rates and policies page on our website, if you have not done so as yet. We could indeed accommodate you for one night in the unit you booked, but at the rate for three nights."

The photos and location of the property look beautiful and I'm sorry that I will never be staying there. However, their hiding behind the fine print on their website and complete refusal to share any responsibility for their part in this mix-up, instead placing all the blame on us for not reading the fine print more carefully, is a real indicator of the way they do business. Be careful when booking here that you've read ALL the fine print, that the fine print doesn't change, and then hope that all goes as planned. If it doesn't, don't expect any help from management. Thank you, but I prefer to give my business to more ethical, professional, and helpful properties when I travel.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Andrew B
VillaAllamanda, General Manager at Villa Allamanda, Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2019

Dear Mr. Buchanan,

We are very sorry that this matter of a one night booking glitch has left you feeling wronged.

We sincerely apologize for not being able to accommodate you for just one night during the Christmas Holidays, being December 23rd to January 10th. We wish that your inquiry was during any other time of the year but it is our policy that at our nine (9) unit villa, we do not allow a one night stay during the two and a half week period you were looking for. However, in your case, we surely wish that we were able to.

We are saddened to know that this matter has inconvenienced and upset you but we want you to know that we will be very happy to accommodate you for one night during any of the other forty nine and a half weeks throughout the remainder of the year.

We regret that this program failure has happened and please be reassured that you are welcomed here at Villa Allamanda at any time.

John W. McCardy

Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

Very warm welcome by the owner. He was easy to reach and very helpful. This place is truly unique and special. Very clean and a lot of character and thought was placed into the design. spectacular views of the sea and the ocean and sunsets to die for. I could sit out on the balcony until sundown everyday. Truly worth your buck.

Date of stay: January 2019