2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$270
Hotels.comUS$270
eDreamsUS$253
Orbitz.comUS$270
Trip.comUS$270
TravelocityUS$270
All reviews home away from home third floor place to stay wrap around porch owners john the upper deck every direction beautiful hilltop the atlantic ocean view is amazing tour of the property wealth of information the entire island rented a car architect villa caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2019

Upon arriving at this amazing off the beaten part hideaway I immediately felt at home. We were greeted by the owner, he knew exactly who we were and welcomed us with a warm inviting smile. Nothing was lacking or needed. Anything you thought of the owner himself made sure was available, which made you feel at home. The views are to die for. Definitely will return

Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

I can’t say enough great things about Villa Allamanda. It is quaint, well located on the island and immaculately clean. The owner, John, is available for anything you may need and is incredibly hospitable. He’s also a wealth of information about the island. Whereas hotels in Nassau are impersonal and touristic, this place feels like a home. I mentioned I was interested in papaya and he brought us one from his tree! The island itself is so fun to discover by car, you can just happen upon the most beautiful beach you’ve perhaps ever seen and have it all to yourself. Definitely a local vibe on this island. We didn’t want to leave!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2019

It was an amazing experience staying at Villa Allamada. It's elegance, immaculate conditions and the owner's Warm and inviting hospitality was also a great! highlight of our stay....I truly enjoyed it....lovely place to visit.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

A fellow pilot and I came here to stay for a week. We were instantly greeted by the owner who gave us a grand tour of his estate as well as our individual rooms. We ended up having the entire top floor to ourselves. He was very polite and gave us a very thorough rundown of the island and was always available for us during our stay. He is an architect and you can really tell that during the stay. He has thought of EVERYTHING! It was incredibly clean and had everything that we needed. If it didn’t, he was more than willing to do it. He even has a whole fleet of rental cars available. I wish we would have used his brand new SUV’s instead of the beater we got somewhere else.

We always had water and we always had power, even when the rest of the island did not.

It is central located on the island and very easy to get anywhere that you would like. All of the beaches around were empty and we felt like we truly had the whole island to ourselves. Lots of very good restaurants close as well.

The island was beautiful. We explored every single inch of the place and it started to feel like home whenever we would return at night. I would 10/10 recommend staying here if you are looking for a safe, cheap, clean and friendly place during your stay on the island.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Pingg8
Reviewed 22 November 2018

My family has spent a lot of trips traveling to remote islands in search of truly dazzling beaches. We have found some of our favorites in places like the Maldives, the Seychelles, French Polynesia, Tonga, and others that require long flights from the US. However, on Eleuthera, you can find beaches that match or surpass any of these without having to endure the long plane flight. I won’t mention my favorites, but the perfection of these beaches is truly astounding. Of course, it’s not easy to get to these places on Eleuthera, but the adventure of finding these secret beaches as part of the fun, and we are often the only people there. You’ll need a four-wheel-drive, the beach book, some very good maps, an understanding of how to use GPS coordinates, patience, a good amount of time, an adventurous spirit, and a like-minded travel companion. If you’re willing to put in the effort, you will be rewarded. Eleuthera’s not for everyone, be we absolutely LOVE it.

My daughter and I have spent two trips exploring Eleuthera, and we think Villa Allamanda is truly the perfect home base on this large island. It’s located in the middle of the island, so you can easily take day trips to the southern or northern regions. It’s within quick driving distance to many good restaurants. The rooms are spotless, perfectly maintained, and very comfortable with great beds, working air-conditioning, and lots of hot water. Everything works flawlessly. The views in both directions are dazzling. It’s a quiet isolated environment perfect for getting good sleep after long days out in the sun. There are no mosquitoes or any other annoyances.

Most importantly, John is the perfect host. He clearly cares deeply about the quality of this little hotel, and he’s made an extraordinary effort to build and maintain the perfect island vacation spot. He can answer all your questions and help you arrange anything you need. Last time we were there, he connected us to a truly excellent snorkel tour. We spent five hours on a very broad range of the best reefs I’ve seen this far north (turtles, rays, sharks, groupers, lobsters, endless sea fans, and unfortunately, lion fish). John is very organized and meticulous, so you know that all arrangements will proceed exactly as planned.

A bonus is that John has a fleet of safe and well-maintained SUVs that he can rent you to explore the island, including some older ones that can handle some of the rougher dirt roads. On a previous trip when we weren’t saying here, we rented an SUV with some serious brake problems, so I was very relieved to drive one of John’s cars.

Thanks John for providing a home for my daughter and I on Eleuthera last spring break. We’ll see you again soon!

Room tip: We stayed in one of the smaller cheaper rooms, and it was really nice. We saw the rooms upstairs with the views, and they were amazing!
Date of stay: April 2018