3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$269
Hotels.comUS$269
eDreamsUS$247
TravelocityUS$269
Trip.comUS$297
Orbitz.comUS$269
All reviews home away from home third floor place to stay wrap around porch owners john the upper deck every direction beautiful hilltop the atlantic ocean view is amazing tour of the property wealth of information the entire island rented a car architect villa caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely time at Villa Allamanda. Thank you! Spectacular views and beautiful Bahamian breezes plus the convenience of the car rental. Perfect really. Thanks for making our trip so seamless for The Ride for Hope. “Hope” haha to be back with my family someday soon. All the best John!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank kimt274
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Villa Allamanda is strategically the place to stay if you will spend some time on the island. One could reach the north and south ends of the island in about an hour drive each way. The establishment itself is a labor of love from the owners and managers, Mr. & Mrs. McCardy. There is a lovely garden outside, ample parking on site and our King Suite on the 3rd floor was just perfect! It is a home away from home because there is everything you need in the suite (except laundry facilities), and we especially enjoy our times on the extra large terrace (alfresco breakfast is a must)! There are 2 powerful air-conditions but we more prefer to fall asleep under the gentle fans. Going into town is a 7-8mins drive, and you can stock up groceries easily, or go to one of the quaint restaurants to have lunches and dinners. Mr. McCardy (John) is a very good conversationist, and you could ask him about anything! We do highly recommend to pre-arrange a car rental with him, as there are no public transports on the island (except taxis). The island is long so it is not possible to walk to places. They are also planning to expand, and we would not hesitate to come back to Villa Allamanda next time we are in Eleuthera!

Room tip: Spend a little more and go for the King Suites, if you like to have more space and privacy
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fabysuzy
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

If you go to Eleuthera, this is a great place to stay. John is a wonderful host who will make sure you have a very pleasant visit to the island. The rooms are comfortable; ours had an ocean view. There are a few good restaurants in the area, so it is a good idea to make reservations. Also the grocery stores in the area are a bit limited so plan ahead. Finally, we rented a car from John, which worked just fine. Very convenient.

3  Thank 990danv
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Villa Allamanda made me feel as if I was visiting my Grandmother. I love the feel of the cozy hotel which made me rethink big box hotels. My stay at home made me want to purchase and or build a second home on Eltheutera.
On my next visit to the island I am bringing my entire family and we will be staying at the Villa Allamanda.

2  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I booked a week long stay at the Villa Allamanda based on the beautiful photos and rave reviews and my actual experience did not disappoint. John (the owner operator) was extremely accommodative and helpful in navigating our first trip to Eleuthera. The property is imaginatively designed and immaculate - very clean and well-maintained. Book one of the third floor king suites and enjoy sitting on the balcony deck feeling the ocean breeze with a great view of the island and ocean.

3  Thank 157lancem