Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews beautiful hotel pizza night the wood fired oven rehearsal dinner pristine beach long stretch pink sand ocean front tom mojito kia julian paradise bites property shakira seclusion
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2020

La Bougainvillea was amazing. It was 24 of us and we all was well taken cared of. The host Julian was wonderful. He was most accommodating and professional, he spoiled us. THe food was delicious, everything was so good. With fresh locally grown vegetables to right out of the ocean seafood. Wake up to the sunrise with crystal clear water and miles of pink sand. This property is a perfect size, with a large pool and bar area overlooking the ocean and villas spaced out all around. I will definitely make this my every summer vacation spot.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Thomas Marrazza, Owner at La Bougainvillea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2020

Hey Thesecret242, thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay with us! Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it, as we definitely enjoyed having you here with us! .....Until we meet again!

Reviewed 16 April 2020

I have personally only been to the restaurant/food market which was a lovely experience! a bit pricey but that comes with the territory; lovely seemingly greek style cafe with delicious coffee & tea selection & delicious baked goods with fine dairy options including various milk fine cheeses and even crackers (haha), served by a lovely barista staff who are kind and accommodating to all. with the views and rooms which I have just seen on their page, it truly looks spectacular; I would highly recommend it! all of this in the pineapple fields area and also right near The Levy Reserve. Book in and join the fun and games! #togetherteam

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 25 February 2020

My husband and I travel often but usually elect to go the Airbnb route (since we are Airbnb hosts) but I am SO GLAD I found La Bougainvillea and we decided to splurge on a 5-day stay here. From the moment we stepped on the property (guided in by a phone call with Julian, the manager, since we didn't have data available when we first arrived), every staff person we met treated us like family. The food - delicious. The views - amazing. The location - I can't imagine anything better. I walked on the BEAUTIFUL beach every morning and it was rare that I saw even one other person.

There are only a handful of rooms so you can go hours lounging around alone by the pool during the day, and then enjoy others' company at night when people come from all around to enjoy La Bougainvillea's restaurant.

If you like quiet, natural beauty, great cuisine and good vibes -- this is the spot for you.

Thank you Julian, Tom, Ziggy, James, Chris, Tenielle, Shakira, and everyone whose names we forgot! We'll be back!

Room tip: Spring for an ocean view - you won't regret it!
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

My husband and I spent Thanksgiving and my birthday at La Bougainvillea and we really enjoyed it! The pool area overlooking the beach is beautiful, and the bar area is very spacious for the size of the property. The bartenders and drinks are very good. I highly recommend stopping at the bar for a drink (or many).

The rest of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. One night while we were there they had a fashion show around the pool and the models were mostly hotel employees. We enjoyed the unique post-dinner show. Great job by everyone who participated!

The hotel has a very small boutique feel to it, as if there are only a few rooms. Although there were other people staying there, both mornings at breakfast we were the only people eating. One day we didn’t see anyone else (other than employees) until dinner time. The restaurant food is very good and attracts diners who are not staying there.

We ate dinner there only one night, and it was delicious. Some reviewers have complained about the cost of food (or drinks, or rooms), but we found the prices typical of Eleuthera and The Bahamas. Other places we ate and stayed were just as expensive if not more so. Another complaint by some seems to be the difficulty they had finding the hotel, or the road to get there. The final stretch of road is not the smoothest, but we didn’t find it to be rough or dangerous. And there was actually someone there the first day smoothing out bumpy parts of the sandy/dirt road. And using GPS will get you where you need to be, so if you do that you’ll be fine. When the road splits a minute or two after you leave the paved road, take the left side of the split to reach the main building of the hotel.

The reason I did not give 5 stars is because the room - while clean and large enough - was a little barren and empty for my taste. It didn’t feel homey or comfortable in general. A few additional pieces of furniture or swapping out existing pieces would do wonders. Our room had a small sofa but it was hard and not super comfortable to sit on.

The other issue that bothered me about the property was the pool temperature. I know that many places in the Bahamas do not heat their pools, but I don’t understand why you have a nice pool if nobody is ever going to be able to get in and swim without shivering. I would strongly urge the management to heat the pool.

Regardless of these areas that could use improvement, we would stay there again if we returned to Eleuthera.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 696LisaD
Reviewed 18 February 2020

We were there for a few days with a small group. The two of us stayed in the Wild Orchid Cottage. Lovely little building behind the rest of our group staying in the Wild Orchid Villa. Beautiful interior with a sense of space.

Beach was outstanding and quiet, food was delicious, excellent drinks... all just as we would want it.

We had a few problems with water pressure and minor things but the staff dealt with them as they could. A lovely bunch of folks who try to ensure you have a lovely stay in their quiet hideaway.

Do take proper bug spray as most of the folks in our group left with a crazy number of bites on their legs.

Snorkelling is limited off the beach but if you head 60 odd meters straight out from the massage platform you will find a nice shallow head of corals and fish.

If you have the option, flying into Governor's Harbour Airport will cut down on your road travel time.

Date of stay: February 2020